TS09 Destination help please

emcnally

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a humpyard, and so far I've got the humptower, yardtower and destination database made by TPR in working order. I'm trying to figure out how to get the destination database working though. I used trackmarks for my customers setup with the hump tower as my location and assigned my trackmarks as dstinations in destsigntable. That didnt work.. So I tried placing an industry track in my classification yard and set it up in destination database. That didnt work either. I know once you start the game you have to assign a destination for each car you are humping. I must be doing something wrong here or it wont work in TS09. Does anyone have this working?

What are your expectations for the database? You have to assign a destination to each car by hand. Do you then expect AI to then read that data and throw the appropriate yard switches to put each car on the appropriate track? If so, you are out of luck, I know of no database system that interfaces to AI. All a database system does is present the destination data to the Driver.

There is a destination database system that does assign destinations automatically when a session is opened and when a train arrives via a portal. This might ease your pain so to speak. The system is CMTM for Car Movement and Traffic Management. It is not yet available on the DLS, but is available for beta testing.

Hi DAP, well I thought the database would co-exsist with the hump tower and put the cars in the right track automatically. If I can make all the panels show in panel selector, the system will be functional, but right now you have to take a piece of paper and right it all down for the time being or hump a few cars, stop go to the destination database, open it up, figure out where the next cars go, then open the hump back up, send those cars on there way and start over again. The humpyard system is pretty cool, and this destination database would work good for me if I can get all the panels to show in panel selector. People at TPR said the humpkit/ Yard tower/ destination database wouldnt even work with TS09, But it seems to work for me. I did read on the CMTC and tried to go sign up to give it a test try, but couldnt get into the site for some reason. I'm so new to Trainz that its not funny. I started building a route and have only had the game a month. Then I figured out that some cars dont sim loading and unloading. Now I'm playing around with the LARS2 system. Just looking for something to make it a bit more prototypical and still keep the fun in it too. Know what I mean?

I know exactly what you mean about trying to make your simulation prototypical. Unfortunately, the operational side of Trainz, other than the signal system does a poor job of simulating prototype operations.

The CMTM System would probably make your hump simulation a whole lot more fun in that you would not have to stop and assign car destinations. When set-up properly in Surveyor, destination assignment in Driver is automatic. Cars on placed on the route in Surveyor are assigned destinations when the session begins. Trains that are brought onto the route via portals during a session also have destinations automatically assigned.

Using that as a base, it should not be too difficult for an experienced programmer to write a script module that would read the destination of the next car being humped and set the yard switches accordingly.

If you would like to give the CMTM System a try, send me your email in a PM.

Back