Quick question on triggers

Winnipeg

Hello people of the world!
I've monkeyed around long enough and I could sure use your help.
I have placed a trigger on my track and all I want is when my Big Boy reached it is to sound the horn.
I've been all through the rules looking for " activate horn " and such but found nothing.
Actually I'm not totally clear on how these triggers work. I mean you place one on your track, but where do you go to assign anything to it ?
I see a trigger rule and trigger check in the drop down but there options are very limited.
Hope this all makes sense.

Take care.

Hello people of the world!
I've monkeyed around long enough and I could sure use your help.
I have placed a trigger on my track and all I want is when my Big Boy reached it is to sound the horn.
I've been all through the rules looking for " activate horn " and such but found nothing.
Actually I'm not totally clear on how these triggers work. I mean you place one on your track, but where do you go to assign anything to it ?
I see a trigger rule and trigger check in the drop down but there options are very limited.
Hope this all makes sense.

Take care.
surly its just more easy to put a HORNS object there on the track or is it only the bigboy that has to sound and other locos not ?

I just did a test drive. Using Surveyor-trackside I placed Sound_Horn_BiDirectional trigger (kuid2:60850:23112:1) on the track and placed the Big Boy. Ran the route in DCC but the whistle didn't sound when passing the trigger. Ran the route in DCC again but this time used AI by giving the Drive command. Whistle sounded a brief toot when I passed the trigger.

Bob

That's just the KUID I was going to recommend, that and the one direction horn sound trigger, 60850:23113:1

Of course they don't work when you are actually driving the train, you're supposed to activate the horn yourself in that instance which is part of the process of driving it :)

Back