question on set junctions rule

dak4482

hi all.
looking at the set junctions rule. Does the trigger check rule need to be used along with the set junctions rule or can I just set up a bunch of junctions in the set junctions rule all by itself? I had a junction set up with AI priority markers AND had tried using the set junction rule and the simulation froze solid (had set junction rule set to not allow AI to change junction). Should I remove the priority markers or should it have ignored those? Any help appreciated. Using Trainz22+. If the trigger is required do the green wings of the trigger need to cover the junction or how close does it have to be for the child junction set rule to work. (edited)

The WIKI was very helpful but didnt really cover these two questions. Posted On discord support but no answers

Dan

Does the trigger check rule need to be used along with the set junctions rule or can I just set up a bunch of junctions in the set junctions rule all by itself?
You can do both.

I had a junction set up with AI priority markers AND had tried using the set junction rule and the simulation froze solid (had set junction rule set to not allow AI to change junction). Should I remove the priority markers or should it have ignored those?
I just tested it to confirm. If you have junctions locked against AI changes that force an AI controlled consist to take a route that is against its priority level then it will not move. Removing the priority mark should resolve that problem.
If the trigger is required do the green wings of the trigger need to cover the junction or how close does it have to be for the child junction set rule to work.
It is usually best to avoid having the trigger radius (the red or green "wings" depending on the object) overlapping a junction. In the case of your example, the trigger can be anywhere on the route and not anywhere near the junction(s) it is controlling.

You can do both.

I just tested it to confirm. If you have junctions locked against AI changes that force an AI controlled consist to take a route that is against its priority level then it will not move. Removing the priority mark should resolve that problem.

It is usually best to avoid having the trigger radius (the red or green "wings" depending on the object) overlapping a junction. In the case of your example, the trigger can be anywhere on the route and not anywhere near the junction(s) it is controlling.
when you say you can do both do i have to do both or can I just the set junctions by itself and not use the trigger rule?

Last edited:
Back