A TRS2006 SCREENSHOT QUERY

nicke

Appreciative Trainzer
Greetings.
After putting it off for a long time I have now prepared myself to take some screenshots.
But ... I don't seem to have a screenshots folder in the TRS2006 folder and when I did a test run (lining up a shot and pressing PrtScn) - no result.

I've studied Vulcan's tutorial - I have photoshop and a web site but I can't get started.

I'd appreciate it if someone could give me some info about where the folder should be and if there is something I'm missing with the taking of shots.
Thanks.

Cheers
NickE

When you pressPrtScn an image is saved in your trainz folder
Here is where mine is, yours would be similar

D:\Program Files\Auran\TRS2006\ScreenShots

If you're using Vista, it might not be allowing Trainz to create the screenshots folder in the program files area. Try running Trainz in administrator mode, and disabling UAC.

John

Hmmmm...Me hav'm Vista and hav'm no problem...if you (right click) open up your Trainz file location, you could manually create an empty folder in the Trainz 2006 file, and rename it: Screenshots

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, 06 saves screenshots straight into the install directory (the one that contains the exe) in a TGA format. You'll need a program such as GIMP or Irfanview to open then and save into a different format.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, as it's a very long time since I used 06.

EDIT---
Permissions in Vista is a royal pain in the rear. Right click your Auran folder > Properties > Security > Edit
Select your user account in the list, then check 'Full Control' in the bottom list. OK all the way out.

Cheerio,
Nicholas.

Last edited:
That is true ! They are TGA's located in the TRS2006 Screenshot file folder, and they need to converted into a Jpg in order to be posted. (BTW: TGA's are absolutely huge, and take up much much too much space on your HD...and TGA's should be deleted as soon as you convert them into a jpg in your Pictures folder).

Everytime I take a screenshot...I immediately go into my Trainz Screenshot file folder, and re-name it from it's default "Screen-001"...to another name that I prefer.

Then I use Irafanview-Edit-"Bulk Conversion" to convert it into a jpg.

Then I upload it to Photobucket. Copy and paste the link

Last edited:
Umm...

Guys, you don't Need anything Special. After pressing ctrl+printscreen, Open Microsoft Paint and Paste it in. :hehe:

Guys, you don't Need anything Special. After pressing ctrl+printscreen, Open Microsoft Paint and Paste it in. :hehe:

That works great one taking 1 screenshot. However if your like me and likes to run a route take a whole bunch of screenshots then sort out the best ones; etc etc. it is a royal pain in--you get the point. using the built-in screenshot feature is really the way to go.

There is another option as well. THere are a number of programs out there that will take screenshots of your entire screen and save them to the folder you specify. FRAPS has such a feature (although I have failed to get it to work in Vista).

peter

That works great one taking 1 screenshot. However if your like me and likes to run a route take a whole bunch of screenshots then sort out the best ones; etc etc. it is a royal pain in--you get the point. using the built-in screenshot feature is really the way to go.

:confused: I've done ALL my Screenshots that way. You can pause the Game, and if you are Quick, it takes little time.

I used to do that with all my games too (TS, TRS06, Sims, Crysis, NFS etc) until I found FRAPS and realized 09 could save straight into jpg. Not sure about you all, but whenever I ALT-TAB out of 09 and go back in, I get the missing-wheels-stuck-train problem. To each his own. :)

Cheerio,
Nicholas.

Back