Good Luck, Fellow Young Trainzers.

Cool thread idea there Woody.

I'm going to be a freshmen this year going into South River High School (SRHS) here in Anne Arundel County Schools.

Ill keep chugging along with my trainz stuff but I know HS is going to be a big step up and more work!

Oh yeah and Monday for me.

Davis

Im ganna miss having so much free time for anything that has to do with trains, wether it be railfanning , HO modeling, or Auran Trainz. Ill be in 10th grade. Im not to far from the track, I can here them from class sometimes. Now if only the buildings blockin my view wouldmove...

Cool thread idea there Woody.

I'm going to be a freshmen this year going into South River High School (SRHS) here in Anne Arundel County Schools.

Ill keep chugging along with my trainz stuff but I know HS is going to be a big step up and more work!

Oh yeah and Monday for me.

Davis
Well thank you Davis!
I figured it was only appropriate to wish my friends luck at school.
School is important, it is good to see that indeed there are still kids who agree.
High School really isn't any different in my opinion.
It'll be fun, don't sweat it!

Woody

School has been great lately. Seems the immature conduct of some people as dated back to middle school has been stopped. I am sure that at least some of you guys have felt this way in Middle, Junior High, and what not. However, "look at the time". Be there by 7:30, out by 2:30. :sleep:

School has been fun for the first time since 7th grade. I had a very big weight problem since between then and 10th grade. I lost alot lately, now in 11th grade I feel much better. NOT ONE TEASER!!!! can't wait for the rest of the school year. BTW, I finally told people that I like to railfan(betcha 5 bucks they don't know what the term means) during my spare time. I kept it in secret b4, since I'm the only railfan at school, but now I go around wearing my NS cap :D

well, i'm already into my second week of High school (senior year) and 2 of my teachers are into model railroading. 8D Also i can't wait for Senior takeover day where we get to take over the teachers, janitors and dare i say it?... The administration :p
Mike

XD

This whole Thread makes me Laugh. :hehe: I'm 15.5+, in a Great High School, (GMHS), I am the only Purveyor of Trains/Railroads in all of 10th Grade, and the Whole rest of the School for that Matter. Everybody knows me for that, I've got Plenty of Friends, and I can show off to the Ladies about my Railroad Prowess, Linguistically and Visually with Drawings and Such.

Such is Life... Even If I live in an Apartment...

Did I tell anybody I got an On30 Porter 0-4-0T and Three Side Dump cars recently?

Here's the Picture I made to Represent them: :)

TheTrestle.jpg

Me four.
I try to teach about Operation Lifesaver and vandalism crimes and such.

I try to educate about the dangers of text messaging to, my best example, the Sept. 12 Metrolink 111 crash.
I'm trying to sway the group of kids toward the good side of railroading and how to act smart around them.
In fact my oral report this month is a disguised Operation Lifesaver "unofficial" presentation.
I also share my experiences on the railroad with them too.
I try to tell them about my work at the Monticello Railway Museum, and how great preserving railroading is.
And how World War 2 would not have been won if not for the railroads.
Schools need to educate kids on more than just the Transcontintal Railroad, they need to teach about the war effort, the troop trains, the way railroading shaped a country.
Honestly, we did not settle the west with Conastoga Wagons, did we?
No, goods were shiped by rail.
How did our stoves get to local department stores in 1929?
It sure wasn't by highway or truck, they were not good at that time, it was the railroads, delivering on the promise. Reliable and Efficient.
How did people get to the World's Fair in St.Louis?
By train of course, there was no American Airlines or Southwest, there was the Missouri Pacific Railroad and the Cotton Belt.
Truth to be told, there wasn't always an Air Force One either, there was business cars, with platforms, yes I know, what a shock the president actually stood outside in the open at one point in time.
Fast and Comfortable.
Of course railroads did decline in the 1960's-1970's, but like any great story, it had it's start, boom times, bad times, a second chance, and one day, long from now will have an end too.
Railroads are coming back, sure they are not as glorious and beautiful as they once were, nice Red Boxcars with passenger train logo's on them have given way to plain brown ones with Zephyr the graffiti artists latest work, Bright Red cabooses have given way to FREDs, and streamlined F7's having given way to wide nose pigs, but there is also good to it too, 1,500HP has given way to 6,000HP beasts, Dark Territory has given way to Centralized Traffic Control, and now we have Positive Train Control too, Crossbucks were once a big improvement to a crossing, now it is the opposite with gates and light the better choice.
In many ways railroading has risen and fallen, much like the world really.

Have a Great Year Guys, and never be shy to show who you really are, we like trains, and we are a railfan community, nothing can ever break that, if you think you don't have friends with common interests at school, remember you have plenty of them here!
Good Luck every one,

Woody:cool:

Woody knows whats he's talking about. I'm suffering from lack of friends who appreciate trains. (My dad, mom, friend, and train loft man like trains)

Back