Good Luck, Fellow Young Trainzers.

illinoiscentral

SARM Volunteer
Hey Guys,
School Starts for me Monday so I thought it would be a good time to wish all of you luck, and I hope you do good this year.
I'll guess I won't be on as much, so all you older guys get a break from me during the day, lucky you!

Good Luck Everyone,

Woody:cool:

Thanks, I also start on Monday so I'm gonna still be Trainzing and doing good in school.

Last edited:
I start on Wednesday. My route project may slow down some, but I will work on it as much as I can!:cool:

Cheers,

-Skylar:)

Wednesday the 26th for me. Then...then you'll see how boring it is without me. You'll all go through agony! Agony I tell you! :hehe:

Going into 8th grade. This shall be fun...

Steve

Good Luck & GodSpeed Young Trainzers...!

:cool: You've chosen to add to your knowledge of the world by your participation in the Auran Global Community & even though your ideas at times don't turn out the way you thought, at least your persistent to try!

September 9th, 2009
I start in my junior year in high school, a year after next I will be in collage!! :D

Cheers,
Adam

:cool: You've chosen to add to your knowledge of the world by your participation in the Auran Global Community & even though your ideas at times don't turn out the way you thought, at least your persistent to try!
Thank You Allen, I needed that!:wave:
Good to see that you stay positive!

Woody

i don't really know when i start or at which school because us moving has things in a knot (i won't start until September, i'll say that much).

Going into 10th grade.

Well ....... on behalf of us "older guys"......... Enjoy and work hard!

Some personal thoughts:The amount of "doors" that will open to you when you finish your formal education is in direct proportion to what you achieved during your formal education.

Life satisfaction is being able to balance income with desired spending. (i.e. If a Ferrari is in your future, you had better get a good post secondary education!)

Life must include challenges and rewards however, these do not have to come from your job. (I know people with business degrees in mundane repetative work. The work may not be particularly stimulating, but they get their challenges and rewards from other personal interests. i.e. Their work simply becomes a means to an end.

A University education is not a mandatory requirement for future happiness ...... but it can almost certainly help!

Finally, from someone a lot smarter than myself "Our purpose in life is to love people and use things. Unfortunately so many people seem to get it the wrong way round!"

Regards to all. Colin.

Last edited:
Hey Woody, good luck and as they say in the classics, Godspeed. we've voiced our differences over time, but I do wish you well with your education and your future.

Many years ago a guy handed me this poem (below). It was written in the 1920's during the Great Depression when so many people lost the will to strive or the will to survive. I remember this poem every day, and I think of it every time I make a post to this forum or open my mouth. You may have heard of it before and even read it, but it would be great if you could make it a part of your life also. Maybe one day in the distant future, you may remember me for this.

it was put to music in the 1970's and became a big hit. It's been banned from YouTube for copyright reasons, but I found a copy here. I hope you enjoy it, but more importantly, I hope you can make it a part of your life as I did. I guarantee you, you'll never look back.

Best wishes,

John

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story. Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans. Keep interested in your own career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love, for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.
Take kindly to the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann c.1920

John,
I must thank you for that very kind post.
I hope that one day, I can contribute as much to this community as you have!
I'm sorry for any differences we've had, as I am a very hot headed person, who often gets mad and says regretful things.
The quote was great, especially that last part.
It is great to see my (and our) elders showing so much care and respect, when truly, it is the elders who deserve my (and our) respect, the people who paved the way to our day and our future.
Like the great folks of days past such as,
John Wesley, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Sir Winston Churchill, F.D.R, Doctor Martin Luther King Jr, and so many more, it is the people before us that paved the spot for us.
So, it is to you that be the thanks!
Education is important...respect is mandatory.
I too have a motto,
"The Weak Fall,The Strong Fall...and Get Back Up.";)

Woody

School starts next Monday here in FEC land. One doesn't have to cut back that much to go through the school year, though. I can guarantee a minimum of three to four spare hours aside from all the work I would have to do, being that I can have four hours to myself to socialize, do the simulator, or make a model train or two. It all depends on time management. If one studies and does what they like, they can definitely have a GREAT time in school. :D

September 9th, 2009
I start in my junior year in high school, a year after next I will be in collage!!

So you will be in an artistic composition made of various materials (as paper, cloth, or wood) glued on a surface. Very interesting.

Please learn to spell before you go to college. It will do wonders for your grades. This is one instance of many where a spelling checker won't save you.

Back