GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

6fb2eca9dacc17b23034d417504b951b.jpg

Update time!

Nice work all:

Finally got the darned thing exported into Trainz. Yes, I know that the mars light is supposed to be red. The diffuse texture has it that way but I appear to be getting some weird shading. Material type: m.tbumpenv
Also, if you have any suggestions on how I could improve the loco, please! Share them! (Excluding my poor job at texturing. I am already fixing that.) But so far, (overall) not bad for my first actual steam locomotive.
c20410f4aeec9bfac9b086cbe9296533.jpg

Please note that the tender is Trainzitalia's
Mine is still being UV mapped

Last edited:
Sydney Harbour Bridge, made in Sketchup i am thinking of laser cutting all the pieces to it and putting it in my ho model railroad layout in my loft
2017-06-17%20185102_zpsttq0ppgj.jpg
Regards Steve123

Finally got the darned thing exported into Trainz. Yes, I know that the mars light is supposed to be red. The diffuse texture has it that way but I appear to be getting some weird shading. Material type: m.tbumpenv

The thing with tbumpenv is that it reflects the sky. So if the environment map (the alpha channel for the diffuse) is bright, the color could be thrown off because of the sky. Try making the sky a ridiculous shade of purple, you'll probably see everything silver turn the same color.

hey Austin, I have to say I actually like the look, what mode is your boiler's texture in?

I have the entire mesh setup with tbumpenv materials. The primary mesh was split up into four UV maps to allow everything to be UV mapped with AO shading and such. The alpha channels for all the diffuse maps are black.
My Normal maps also have an alpha channel that matches the bump heights outlined in the RGB channels of the maps.

The thing with tbumpenv is that it reflects the sky. So if the environment map (the alpha channel for the diffuse) is bright, the color could be thrown off because of the sky. Try making the sky a ridiculous shade of purple, you'll probably see everything silver turn the same color.

Noted.

Back