GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Looks lovely. I love Brazilian 4-6-0s, you delight me more and more and are getting closer to my favourite South American loco, EFOM 22.

Man I really need to figure out the issue with the drive wheels. Will take a look at the mesh file you sent me yesterday

Dude, it's true, it's going to work! Have to give!

Thank you very much, sirs.

I have plans to create a few kilometers of the true EFOM route. And I got the technical data and original blueprint from locomotive number 68, a 2-8-0 ... Let's see how our progress will be going forward ... I'm leaving the trainman crazy! lol

I thank everyone!! And here we go ...

sp_cs22_depot_by_trainboi-db9lux5.png

:cool: You Folks are so talented with your creations, thanks for sharing, and because of you, I get to see Train stuff that I would have never seen before short of traveling to the point of origin

I don't have this Type of Creative Talent nor the patience to learn it, just being honest here.

:wave: Cheers

Last edited:
I concur - wonderful work.
As for me, I've got some textures.
Ca. 1900ish - nonstandard
sp_cs22_depot_by_trainboi-db9nrvd.png

(will eventually be refined based on paint detail existing at Laws, CA)
ca. 1915ish - standard
sp_cs22_depot_by_trainboi-db9ns7v.png

Ca. 1970ish - will be weathered and refined based on depot-to-depot data.
sp_cs22_depot_by_trainboi-db9nrj0.png

Nice work everyone. I especially like that station Trainboi1.

I think that I have been pretty busy lately...
Debating whether or not to release this... (By the way, this is two pieces of the track mesh. I was just testing it to see how the textures lined up.)
26d14a049f66ee9037ba843af5ee9fc8.jpg

(From left to right) UP FEF-3, UP FEF-2, and UP FEF-1. Also, I am aware that the FEF-2 doesn't have a bell. (Reminder, this is a WIP shot, everthing is subject to change...)
Also, I think I went too high with the polys... On the boiler alone I am sitting at about 100K... Looks like I am going to need some serious LOD.:) Man, those drive wheels were an absolute bear to create...
a83caec04d6f631736e6ee284484bdcb.jpg

(Left: FEF-1 tender. Right: The well-known FEF centipede tender.) Polys are a little better on these but still sitting at around 170K between the two tenders. (Including details and such.)
5cfdfbe7bb597d60888294b771fa74a1.jpg

Last edited:
@USSc1798 Heavy poly counts should not be too much of an issue now and days. I'm currently sitting at around 23k polys for my GS-2, I set my limit to arround 30k for the engine and 20k for the tender. Obviously once your done your wheels will be much less octagonal than mine :hehe: So for the most part I've been trying to stay under that.

Man, I understand your pain with building the drivers, cutting that many holes was the real kicker for me. Spoked wheels are a lot easier to create.

Nice work everyone. I especially like that station Trainboi1.

(From left to right) UP FEF-3, UP FEF-2, and UP FEF-1. Also, I am aware that the FEF-2 doesn't have a bell. (Reminder, this is a WIP shot, everthing is subject to change...)
Also, I think I went too high with the polys... On the boiler alone I am sitting at about 100K... Looks like I am going to need some serious LOD.:) Man, those drive wheels were an absolute bear to create...
a83caec04d6f631736e6ee284484bdcb.jpg

(Left: FEF-1 tender. Right: The well-known FEF centipede tender.) Polys are a little better on these but still sitting at around 170K between the two tenders. (Including details and such.)
5cfdfbe7bb597d60888294b771fa74a1.jpg

Mighty impressive FEF's you've got here!
It's about time that we got some new FEF's in trainz. As good as ANL's engines were, not everyone has them. So i think these will be a greatly welcomed addition to the trainz community.
If you don't mind my asking, will these be only for TANE or will they be released for both 12 and TANE?

Mighty impressive FEF's you've got here!
It's about time that we got some new FEF's in trainz. As good as ANL's engines were, not everyone has them. So i think these will be a greatly welcomed addition to the trainz community.
If you don't mind my asking, will these be only for TANE or will they be released for both 12 and TANE?

Thanks STLF!
As for the compatibility, I am actually creating two versions. One will be Trainz build 2.9 for TS2009-TS12, and the other will be Trainz Build 3.3 or higher for T:ANE users. (Don't worry! It will use LOD!)

@Trainman7616: Noted

@Daylightrain: Really? I thought that your GS-2 would have been closer to around 50k polys just by looking at it... But, I do think that I may need to apply a decimate modifier to my mesh... hopefully that can take care of the big poly problem... In fact, taking those screenshots was a real pain due to the models being so high poly.

I also do have to agreed with you. Spoked wheels are easier. The wheels on the 9000 were much easier to model, then again, I wasn't putting AS much detail into it...

Speaking of the 9000... I should probably get back to it soon...

Back