GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

Yes, they will be passenger-enabled. I took those screenshots before I got all of the attatchment points. While I do have it in the game now, I haven't gotten the attatchment points set up in the Content Creator, but I'll be doing that in a little while. If all goes well, I'll have it up and ready for download from my website by early next week. I'll work on the D&RGW freight version then.

VR DDe Class 4-6-2 suburban tank locomotive
vr-dde.jpg

VR D4 class 4-6-2 shunting tank locomotive (Former DDe class)
vr-d4.jpg

Zec

I'll just put this here for people to drool at. This is my currently working project. After taking tons of photos from Cass Scenic Railroad, I decided to finish this above all other projects first:

0477ef81.jpg

Plans are those of Shay #5

Cheerio,
John

WOW. That is just...wow. I can't wait...well, yes I can...don't want to OD myself on such a great creation. Great job, ZapperJet! :D

"The arrow" picture requested

Hi

I'm creating a new express locomotive that can haul freight and passenger at high speeds.

When I first got interested. i saw a train rush past me and that's when I got an idea of "the arrow".

And now I'm creating my dream for my favorete train game.

I've had a request about putting a picture of it on the forums by Wessex_Electric_Nutter so here it is:

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8931/thearrowscreenshotfd4.jpg

Even though I'm progressing at getting the oversized bogys the right size and getting the oversized wheels (they're cylinders at the moment) down to size and the right shape. there's still a whole lot of work to do before it can ride with the best of them. but the hard part is texturing.

Tell me what you think of it so far.:D

EDIT:By the way this is going to be my first project ever to be completed.

Last edited:
Hi

I'm creating a new express locomotive that can haul freight and passenger at high speeds.

When I first got interested. i saw a train rush past me and that's when I got an idea of "the arrow".

Looks more like a pointed snow plough (and the image took soo long for me to view, because I am on a train, 377325, which DOES have WiFi!).
You need to learn curves really, to make it look better and more like a high speed loco. HINT Play with the chanfer tool in Edit mesh.
I need to get a tutorial sorted out soon really, on advanced modelling.

What? A screenie from Ferrous in the renders thread? Then that must mean...

stv2fn2.jpg

Everybody run, he's learning to gmax! :eek:

And on that subject, how do I detach objects I attached?

Last edited:
Back