Skip truck?

angelah

Does anybody know if a content creator has produced a skip truck, the ones that collect skips in other words. I did a search and came up empty.

Angela

Hi Angelah,

just came across your post and I am in the process of making a commercial transfer station with some skip trucks and trailers. :)
It is work in progress but here is a screenie.

skiptruck.jpg

The small truck in the foreground is going to be a mini skip with bins.
Let me know if this is what you are looking for. :wave:

Cheers,

Bill.

Does anybody know if a content creator has produced a skip truck, the ones that collect skips in other words. I did a search and came up empty.

Angela
You could use my Autocar DC75 Cargo Truck Kuid:213782:150164 or Autocar Ahsan Dock Truck Kuid:213782:150132. I do not have any skips, but could eazily make some for you! Are you talking drivable or static?

Last edited:
Hi Angelah,

Have a look at KUID2:121794:40001:2 by Hupfgeign. Would this be of any use.

Regards Les.

This is an update,

skiptruck2.jpg

the first pic was not very clear. The textures used are not necessarely what it ends up with if you have any local pictures they can be used if you want.

Cheers,

Bill.

Hi Bill
Thanks also for these. Ive got the three builders skips but never found a lorry to put them on so these will fit in just right.

Thanks

You could use my Autocar DC75 Cargo Truck Kuid:213782:150164 or Autocar Ahsan Dock Truck Kuid:213782:150132. I do not have any skips, but could eazily make some for you! Are you talking drivable or static?

Many thanks AC, I will go look. Quite surprised at the amount of replies so also a big thanks to the others.

Blessings,

Angela

Exactly right

This is an update,

skiptruck2.jpg

the first pic was not very clear. The textures used are not necessarely what it ends up with if you have any local pictures they can be used if you want.

Cheers,

Bill.

Hi Bill,
Yes, that's exactly right, and a big thank you for making one.
It seemed strange to me that folk have made skips but no truck to put them on, but I am not knocking content creators, they all do a good job.

So I look forward to eventually seeing this item on the DS.

Bless you,

Angela

Hi Angelah,

thanks for your reply, should have the first one finished by tomorrow.

skiptruck3.jpg

I'll make a full one, aswell as an unloading one and some spare bins.

I'll keep you up to date via this thread. :)

Cheers,

Bill.

Hi Angelah,

Have a look at KUID2:121794:40001:2 by Hupfgeign. Would this be of any use.

Regards Les.

That's the version for Trainz Classics, and Angela doesn't have that, she uses TRS2004......Try the other 2 kuid numbers, they look OK...

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

TC

That's the version for Trainz Classics, and Angela doesn't have that, she uses TRS2004......Try the other 2 kuid numbers, they look OK...

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

Hello Ex,
I do have TC 3, but after a week gave up on it because it was such a fiddle trying to get assets into it that stayed put, they usually vanished!
So yes, I returned to good old faithful 2004.

I did try those numbers and most didn't show because I knock out the top tick boxes in the search pattern.

But that truck looks fine if only it comes in as a 2004 friendly truck (lorry to us Brits of course).

Enjoy your Trainz, whatever version you use,

Angela

Superb

Hi Angelah,

thanks for your reply, should have the first one finished by tomorrow.

skiptruck3.jpg

I'll make a full one, aswell as an unloading one and some spare bins.

I'll keep you up to date via this thread. :)

Cheers,

Bill.

Hi Bill,
They are just the ticket, if they are compatible with 2004. I forgot to mention that is the version I use.
The mini skip truck is fantastic.

Blessings,

Angela

This is the latest,

skiptruck4.jpg

re- 04, I use 06 but the models are made for 04 onwards.

Some loose bins to go. :)

Cheers,

Bill.

Wow!!

This is the latest,

skiptruck4.jpg

re- 04, I use 06 but the models are made for 04 onwards.

Some loose bins to go. :)

Cheers,

Bill.

Dear Bill,
They are great, just what the Doctor ordered, only I am not a doc... ha ha.

Many thanks for your work and the results, which means I can use them. They will first grace my Bristol Temple Meads route which is now well under way. Still go the lines from BTM out towards Bath to do yet but they won't go all the way to Bath, just the the first tunnel and then to portals. Even so there are some good runs and plenty of my type of scenery to look at, as well as Temple Meads.
As I use 04 I am unable to put on the canopy that is on the DS, that is 06 onwards I think. But I did look at it because I have TC3, which I have given up on.
To be honest the performance of getting assets or indeed anything into the game now has got beyond a joke, I tried for a whole week and was getting more and more cross with it. Got an asset in and next time I looked it was gone again, and this happened to a whole route, I got it in. look at it and even ran it, but when I went to open it again - zilch! Gone, nothing, not a sign of it anywhere.
In the end sat and thought 'What am I doing, I don't need this aggravating frustration just to put a house on a route.'
I shut TC3 down for good and returned to the best (IMHO) version of this game that Auran ever put out.

If any other version of Trainz has CMP or CM2,3,4 or anything else of similar ilk, then I won't be buying it, it just does not work for me.

Bless you,

Angela

I forgot

Hi Bill,
They are just the ticket, if they are compatible with 2004. I forgot to mention that is the version I use.
The mini skip truck is fantastic.

Blessings,

Angela

Bill, in the picture there are some long skips. Now I know they are used here in the UK, I have seen them with my own eyes, but I can't find anything like it. What are they called please?

Blessings,

Angela

Hi Angelah,

Regarding the large bins, they are industrial waste bins and are used at the rubbish transfer station ( in the prosess of being made) and will be uploaded sooooooon.
( I send an email via forum)

The large bins are finished, still fixing up the trailers etc.

Cheers, :D

Bill.

Fishing

Hi Angelah,

Regarding the large bins, they are industrial waste bins and are used at the rubbish transfer station ( in the prosess of being made) and will be uploaded sooooooon.
( I send an email via forum)

The large bins are finished, still fixing up the trailers etc.

Cheers, :D

Bill.

When Alan and I went to a place called The Lizard, a very nice fishing lake, there was a sort of industrial sorting site just behind it, made a lot of noise... and those bigger trucks came in all day with the huge bins on them. So I assumed they were collected from large factories or industrial sites and brought in for sorting. Goodness knows what they did with it all!

Great to hear of the prgress too, thanks.

Blessings,

Angela

Hello Angelah
Most object content from versions above 04 will work in 04 if you open the config and reduce the build to 2.3. Objects without animation (animation did alter from version to version) can be back versioned as ive done this with many items, it just means that anyone downloading will need to also do the same. It wont effect the content in later versions.

Edit I see that it is a spline, the ends show up but not the middle part of the spline so foreget what i said.

Last edited:
Hi Angelah,

this is a pic of what it looks like around here.

skiptruck5.jpg

based on our local dump.:)

Cheers,

Bill.

Back