passenger drop

seat1ger

Cock o' the North
Hi all
I have tried to make an AJS station at high level ie 10mtrs above base datum, I have succeeded in getting everything to that height and it looks Ok with the passengers on the platforms, but when I go into test drive all the passengers are down at base datum ie 0, when my train arrives the passenges board and alite the train as if they were at the high level.
Any ideas how to get the passengers to the high level?

such a shame not to have all those well built ladies on the platform:udrool:

Am I correct in assumming that you have set the station Passenger Height property (in the Station Options tab) in surveyor to a height of 10m - not just lifted the whole station to a height of 10m above the ground?

If not then select the station in Surveyor and click the ? button.

Yes - where do they get those lovely ladies from?

Problem solved

I have spent about 4 hrs trying to get this to work!
1, there must be "solid" ground under the centre of the AJS station ie raised datum.
2 It is not possible to raise the passengers more than 1.5 mtrs in the station formating, this to allow adjustment to platform level only not to raise the station height.
3 I have used an "any purpose bridge" set at the required height and raised the ground level under it where I require the centre of the AJS station to be, connected the track and set the passenger height and it works.
The reason I wanted to use the station like this is I am trying to have a split level station ie a low level main line and a high level local line on two seperate routes as per the old UK Litchfield Trent Valley lines

Before I posted this answer I selected an AJS 110m invisible station, connected it to track and set both station and track to 10m above the ground. I placed a train on the track and tried it out in Driver. It worked with no problems.

1, there must be "solid" ground under the centre of the AJS station ie raised datum.

Not true. My AJS platform (and attached track) are floating 10m above the ground and everything works - it looks strange but it works!!

2 It is not possible to raise the passengers more than 1.5 mtrs in the station formating, this to allow adjustment to platform level only not to raise the station height.

Correct, disregard my answer about setting the height to 10m. It turns out that this adjusts passenger height above the platform height so setting it to 0m would leave both platform and passengers at 10m above the ground.

3 I have used an "any purpose bridge" set at the required height and raised the ground level under it where I require the centre of the AJS station to be, connected the track and set the passenger height and it works.

Raising the ground by 10m beneath the station makes the station immediately jump up another 10m (to 20m dragging the passengers up with it) because its Surveyor height was set to 10m above the ground level. You would then have to move it back down to 0m (relative to the ground) to bring the station "back to earth".

I sounds like you now have it all working correctly.

Back