Little Known Narrow Gauge Steamers

haha ok

That engine is running on the cripple creek and victor line in Colorado now.
And i have had the pleasure to visit it! ;)

i think it is strange that the front drivers are inside frame and the back drivers are outside frame!

haha ok

That engine is running on the cripple creek and victor line in Colorado now.
And i have had the pleasure to visit it! ;)

i think it is strange that the front drivers are inside frame and the back drivers are outside frame!

:eek::eek::eek:

Nobody told me it was on the CC&V!

12800-00001-000005-160.jpg

UNCLASSED STEAM LOCOMOTIVE CIRCA 1860 SIDE VIEW NEVER RAN IN VICTORIA BUILT BY HUNT AND OPIE VICTORIA IRON WORKS, BALLARAT FOR NEW ZEALAND BUILT TO RUN ON WOODEN RAILS

12800-00001-000043-100.jpg

HUNT AND OPIE VICTORIA IRON WORKS BALLARAT BUILT STEAM LOCOMOTIVE FOR WOODEN RAIL ORETI RAILWAY NEW ZEALAND CIRCA 1860 STANDARD GAUGE

Two versions of the same photo, both with different captions... But yeah, same loco. Very strange little thing really. Half interested in building the thing one day :)

Thanks to the Public Record Office of Victoria for the photos...

Zec

(OMMITED)
UNCLASSED STEAM LOCOMOTIVE CIRCA 1860 SIDE VIEW NEVER RAN IN VICTORIA BUILT BY HUNT AND OPIE VICTORIA IRON WORKS, BALLARAT FOR NEW ZEALAND BUILT TO RUN ON WOODEN RAILS
(OMMITED)
HUNT AND OPIE VICTORIA IRON WORKS BALLARAT BUILT STEAM LOCOMOTIVE FOR WOODEN RAIL ORETI RAILWAY NEW ZEALAND CIRCA 1860 STANDARD GAUGE

Two versions of the same photo, both with different captions... But yeah, same loco. Very strange little thing really. Half interested in building the thing one day :)

Thanks to the Public Record Office of Victoria for the photos...

Zec

:eek: Nice Post! I've never seen such a Thing in my Life!

mikado30.jpg

unitah mikado #30 was the largest narrow gauge rod locomotive in the united states until the articulates arrived to the railroad
(build it please)oh how did that subliminal message get in there:eek:

Last edited:
Here's a Hunslet with a difference, it's a geared loco. The layout is similar to a Heisler.

hunslet.jpg

another Aussie creation (I do apologise for my last one, it was actually a broad gauge 5ft3in contraption, not NG!).

Harman-5.jpg

Well a model of it. It is based off a real loco, built in Melbourne for a logging tramway near Walhalla which branched off the VR's 2ft6in line from Moe to Walhalla. The tramway was 2ft6in. When the Harman loco arrived, it was apparently a complete failure. A climax loco (1694, the highest climax builders number used, and hence one of the last if not the last built, currently undergoing some major works at Puffing Billy before return to service again) was ordered to replace the Harman.

Zec

I got it from HERE

It's 36in gauge and from the Washington & Plymouth R.R. in the US.

Great site. I also found the prototype for bdaneal's superb mallet.

2662T_Uintah_left.JPG

Back