Is anyone aware of this?

ah yes but the A1 class 'Tornado' is a far better machine - simply because it is British and if it weren't for us, no-one would have trains at all.. :hehe:

However, still good that our distant cousins over the pond are having a go as well... :p

....And if it wasn't for us Trainzers purchasing we would not have the forums.....

Thatchers mob have a lot to answer for ..... no need to explain why.

I 'aint saying anything, but, just look at my nickname, created in 1987, I wonder who by......Oh yes, now I remember, how can we ever forget.

Cheerz. ex.

Couldn't they have made a T1? Or a Niagara?

A 4-4-0 seems kinda wimpy IMHO.

(unless it was a D16sb. Those were pretty cool.)

Yeah I know the largest surviving piece of NYC Steam Equipment is a 4-8-2 Mohawk, Niagaras (and Hudsons) are all gone much to my displeasure:( *sigh* what I wouldn't give to see them back in their prime.:)
But the 'laviathin' probably was very large then, because metal working techneaques could only build a boiler that big at that time.

If it wasn't for the Yanks and Dixies, streamlining wouldn't be here :hehe:

Anyways,

It's interesting to see them rebuild steam engines. Maybe this is a renaissannce for Railways in the United States?

ah yes but the A1 class 'Tornado' is a far better machine - simply because it is British and if it weren't for us, no-one would have trains at all.. :hehe:
That is an argueable subject. And no I do not believe because it is British it is better:n: because I for one think they are no offense, ugly. No headlights they all look the same, boring. On the other hand I am a flying Scottsman fan. I for one think that the Challenger #3985 and a the #4449 are the best not to mention NYC's streamlined hudson...as for the subject...railroads would have come around sooner or later...perhaps in the U.S.
The rocket and "puffing billy" were fine but it was us theat came up with the 4-8-4 and the diesel engine...or at least an F-7 is far better than that dinky thing in Thomas the TANK ENGINE!
Cheers!!!!!!!

That is an argueable subject. And no I do not believe because it is British it is better:n: because I for one think they are no offense, ugly. No headlights they all look the same, boring. On the other hand I am a flying Scottsman fan. I for one think that the Challenger #3985 and a the #4449 are the best not to mention NYC's streamlined hudson...as for the subject...railroads would have come around sooner or later...perhaps in the U.S.
The rocket and "puffing billy" were fine but it was us theat came up with the 4-8-4 and the diesel engine...or at least an F-7 is far better than that dinky thing in Thomas the TANK ENGINE!
Cheers!!!!!!!
Okay, you want a discussion, well, have one!
British steam engines are the best in the world in my opinion as they have a sense of rough charm and they instil in you the ability to just keep going and going. And we need to feel sorry for them due to the way they were treated towards the ends of their lives... for they were alive, in a way.:'(

Captain has a point. British steamers did have a certain charm particularly as they were rather brutally cut short by diesel power.

But steamers as a whole are, if I may be so bold as to say, a bit like a woman.

Sometimes temperamental, sometimes need a bit of coxing to work, but when they work, boy are they something else!!

I'm glad for places like the East and Western Somerset Railways, Severn Valley Railways, Bluebell Lines and all the other heritage lines that have managed to save loco's from Barry Scrapyard, and I'm especially glad for the owners of said scrapyard for not getting rid of all the loco's that ended up there.

Bring back the whole romance of steam I say. Let them take over from the ugly diesels and electrics.. sod the carbon footprint...:hehe::p

Back