Still plugging away...

jazza1281

(enter witty phrase here)
Trying to fix 04 after it stopped working for some reason, seeing that it sort of ran smoothly on vista for so long. Have done a reformat and usually it works but not this time. I can install the game no worries, Content dispatcher will now open up but the path box that should say c/program files/auran/trs2004 is empty. When i go to install a cdp file is says no trainz product found. Another thing i've noticed is that the world/custom/dispatcher/downloads folder is missing.
I have tried everything recommended on many forums, running as administrator etc, but i've never had to do that before.
Somethings missing and it would appear to be so simple, maybe the cd-rom isn't reading properly so information is lost during install, but the game is there in the program files folder but content dispatcher and trainz download helper etc can't seem to see it.
why am i bothering with 04? Is 09 guaranteed to run on vista fault free? I tried the 06 demo and it wouldn't run either. I know that 04 used to work, i even rolled back windows updates in case that was the problem and i do have the latest drivers for everything.

Thanks jazza

Last edited:
The fact that you're using Vista makes me suspicious right away. Vista has become the new Windows Millennium, so it could very well be a Vista problem you're having. However, I'm no computer expert, but I'm saying in my experience with Vista, it could be your problem right there.

Trying to fix 04 after it stopped working for some reason, seeing that it sort of ran smoothly on vista for so long. Have done a reformat and usually it works but not this time. I can install the game no worries, Content dispatcher will now open up but the path box that should say c/program files/auran/trs2004 is empty. When i go to install a cdp file is says no trainz product found. Another thing i've noticed is that the world/custom/dispatcher/downloads folder is missing.
I have tried everything recommended on many forums, running as administrator etc, but i've never had to do that before.
Somethings missing and it would appear to be so simple, maybe the cd-rom isn't reading properly so information is lost during install, but the game is there in the program files folder but content dispatcher and trainz download helper etc can't seem to see it.
why am i bothering with 04? Is 09 guaranteed to run on vista fault free? I tried the 06 demo and it wouldn't run either. I know that 04 used to work, i even rolled back windows updates in case that was the problem and i do have the latest drivers for everything.

Thanks jazza

If you are using Vista, make sure you install the program and any patches using Administrator rights. Right mouse button click on the Setup.exe and chose Run as Administrator. This should allow the program to install correctly. Once this is installed, do the same with any service packs you have.

To run the program, edit the shortcut properties using the compatability tab. Check the run with Administrator priveldeges.

I would suggest going to the installed path of TRS2004, and changing the run priveldges for all of the .exe files in the folder and in the /Bin folder as well.

Good luck, and I hope this helps.

John

Joy to the world, Its working again. I don't know how or why or what I did but its now working just the same as it ever did. Good ol' vista gremlins....
:) Thanks Jazza

Back