Gilby & Wallace missing texture question?

neilsmith749

Well, I was hoping that when the forum came back up that we'd still be able to access all the old posts - as the answer to my question was buried within!

But I guess we have to live in the present, not the past, so I will post the question here:

When I released the G & W a few months back, there was a thread which questioned a missiing grass texture which I unknowingly used, that was downloaded from a third party site. Does anyone know the kuid of that texture so I can switch it with an available texture which is on the dls?

The reason is that I've combined my two routes to create the ULTRAMEGAROUTE, which is the G&W and the GHOO. It is over 250kms long and has over 200 active industry tracks. If there is any interest, I will upload it to the dls, if Auran will accept it - it's probably close to 40megs.

Anyway, thanks to all, and welcome back.

neil

Neil, I have your Gilby & Wallace. I seem to have all the textures, haven't seen any bare spots, so if you can describe the missing texture I'll try to help.

The more I run this route the more I see. Great job of detailing especially the grasses along the rails. A lot of time spent there.

pop pop

Neil, I have your Gilby & Wallace. I seem to have all the textures, haven't seen any bare spots, so if you can describe the missing texture I'll try to help.

The more I run this route the more I see. Great job of detailing especially the grasses along the rails. A lot of time spent there.

pop pop

Thanks for the kind words. The problem was with a "grassy" texture which had some (I believe) german characters which did not translate well to the dls.

I think the main affected area was in a field with cows between Harrington Forestry, and the container pier. It's not a huge deal, but if I do submit this next incarnation to the dls, I'd like it to be as close to perfect as possible. I hate submitting incomplete things.

Anyway, I'll continue monitoring this thread and hope someone else sees it who knows what I'm getting at.

Thanks again,

n

Neil, now I have a problem that I'm sure you can fix. I've lost the building at Rally Mfg. There's a big empty space with trailers around it. I've tied loading the route by finding the missing assets but with no luck. What is the name of the building that was there?
Did you have any luck with the kuids I suggested?

That was one of the problems with the route - the missing building was one of the Norton plants, but it caused way too many problems, so I myself have deleted it, and just substituted some regular generic warehouses. Too bad we lost everything in the forum, as I had posted a pic of what I had done.

I'll see if I can find it and repost.

n

Now that you mentioned it I do remember you posting about the problem with a Norton Plant. I will do what you did and fill the space in with sone other buildings.
What about the texture problem? Any of my suggestions help?

pop pop

Hey Stoutham

Thanks for the replies - but I'm not sure I saw any suggestions or kuids. Perhaps I misssed them - I'll check again.

n

hey neil, i might have sent them by e-mail because of the forum problems. just in case things got fouled up here they are: meadow 46819:21025, grass 4 468:21020, Gras 6 68787:21636, Gras 19 68787:21649. let me know if they help.

Ok - that makes more sense - though I never got the email.

Thanks for the kuids - I'll take a look at them, but I almost need someone else to tell me which ones don't work so I can replace them - as they will work on my own machine, but don't transfer well over the dls.

Just on a side note - I've joined the G&W and the GHOO to make a 250km route. It will likely be called the UMR (Ultramegaroute). I'm putting some finishing touches on it, and hopefully it will be ready to go to the dls (if Auran will accept such a large file) over the next few weeks.

Some of the changes are a couple of new industries, a bit of re-texturing, replacing some mainline switchstands with automatic-looking types, lower poly track throughout, and simpler air-routes which will join both airports and and the helipads.

I've also dabbled with making a winter version. I did some experimenting with replacing textures, and it came out looking pretty cool (pardon the pun!). If there's any interest, I can upload this one too.

Cheers to all,

n

A couple of things.

Gilby & Wallace is a great route. Thanks for making it available. Will look forward to the expanded "UMR" route.

Now a small problem. When I try to load the Gilby & Wallace route I get the 'missing kuid' screen. When I use TO to look for missing kuids it comes up with nothing missing. The route loads OK and seems to be intact, but I can't seem to resolve the missing kuid issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions. I am running 2004 SP4.

Thanks

One suggestion on placing your mega-route 'UMR' on the DL station might be to split it into two and letting us combine it at this end. This has worked well for me in the past.

A couple of things.

Gilby & Wallace is a great route. Thanks for making it available. Will look forward to the expanded "UMR" route.

Now a small problem. When I try to load the Gilby & Wallace route I get the 'missing kuid' screen. When I use TO to look for missing kuids it comes up with nothing missing. The route loads OK and seems to be intact, but I can't seem to resolve the missing kuid issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions. I am running 2004 SP4.

Thanks

Hey Paul

I think the problem is due to a couple of assets that have at one time had "newer" versions available. It's a problem that has been with this project for some time now, even on my home machine. The good news is that I THINK I have corrected the problem with the UMR, which I am still testing.
If the route seems to be okay, and you're not missing anything too visible, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

n

One suggestion on placing your mega-route 'UMR' on the DL station might be to split it into two and letting us combine it at this end. This has worked well for me in the past.

I've thought about that, but then you run into problems upon re-merging the two parts, not to mention that I believe the industries would have to all be reset - and there's over 200 of them. Trust me - you don't want to go through that!!!

I'm going to try to upload it as a whole, and hopefully it will be accepted.

If there is a problem, perhaps someone at Auran can give me a hand, but I'll cross that trestle when I come to it!

n

Hey Paul

I think the problem is due to a couple of assets that have at one time had "newer" versions available. It's a problem that has been with this project for some time now, even on my home machine. The good news is that I THINK I have corrected the problem with the UMR, which I am still testing.
If the route seems to be okay, and you're not missing anything too visible, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

n

There are five assets in the route that indicate 'newer' versions on my machine. It could be those, however this issue does not seem to cause problems in other routes, only in TO. At any rate, the good news is that the route runs well and does not seem to have anything missing.

Looking forward to your new enhanced route. The amount of detail you have included in Gilby & Wallace and GHOO is outstanding. Hope you can figure out a way to get it onto the DL station.

Thanks

Pab

Are you going to create a short transition section? The ends of G&W and Ghoo don't appear to match.

Yeah - there's a section of about 8-10 baseboards of a single track which joins Wallace and the GHOO jct.

It's just about ready to go - but I made a few more scenery changes, and I just want to make sure they don't look too stupid!!!

Cheers,

n

Back