NZ pics

Ongarue Route

Here is one in a series of pics from the NZR Ongarue route. For those who don't know where Ongarue is, it is on the N.I.M.T. approx 25km north of Taumaranui and before TeKuiti. The daily passenger service to Auckland passes via Ongarue, but I doubt if it stops there anymore. Ongarue was once a busy timbermilling town, its demise began in the 1960's when the Ellis and Burnand mill was closed.

fender849201206170000.jpg

The daily run out to the bush camps leaving from the mill. This Climax loco is the updated version for TS12, sadly still no cab.

Get shots from everyone!

Ryan, I am desperate for those Overlander carriages! I can't see to find them anywhere...
Any procurement advice?

Cheers, James

Get shots from everyone!

Ryan, I am desperate for those Overlander carriages! I can't see to find them anywhere...
Any procurement advice?

Cheers, James

On the DLS. Look under my username and make sure the TRS2004 box is ticked.

Cheers,
Bill69

Ongarue update

Out on the mainline now. Somewhere south of Ongarue, heading for Taumaranui. Special note: due to some computer misadventure, this route no longer works in TS2009, but still O.K. for TS2010 and TS12.

Cheers, Fender :)

fender849201206240000.jpg

scaled.php

Great pics Ryan,

Will your DC class loco be available for download on the DLS or is it just for private use?

cheers,

Hi there Fender that route looks good mate
I wish I was that clever all my stuff looks like YUK
You seem to have the New Zealand feel to this route
I look forward to downloading this soon
Thank you for all the work you put into Trainz
Chris Sullivan
cvkiwi

Hi there Fender that route looks good mate
I wish I was that clever all my stuff looks like YUK
You seem to have the New Zealand feel to this route
I look forward to downloading this soon
Thank you for all the work you put into Trainz
Chris Sullivan
cvkiwi

Hi cvkiwi,
Thanks for your positive comments. Route building is a slow process and the results you get are directly proportional to the time and effort you put into it.
Cheers,
Fender :)

Hi Fender I am hanging out for more pics of your route what I have seen so far in exciting
Its good to se someone building NZ routes for all to enjoy
I feel these should be Paywhere and I for one would be willing to pay to have a copy of NZ routes
Lets face it Ne Railways in NZ is going the same way as the Moa
So its good to have people who build these NZ routes so that people like me can keep the rail in NZ alive
Chris Sullivan

Morning all

Here are some shots of 'my' last EE service to Melling. In real life the weather was fine and platform 9 was used, so I got that wrong!

The EE sits at Wellington, waiting for it's last departure with a couple of Ganz's watching on. The EE units have possibly seen some of its successors come AND go in its lifetime, if the Ganz's at Hutt don't get 'Superganzed'.
scaled.php

The enemies face off for one last time...
scaled.php

1417hrs, and we're off!
scaled.php

Platforms were crowded and photographers were everywhere
scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Old, young, it didn't matter. Everyone wanted one last ride
scaled.php

While the old units were being retired, so was the Overlander train and the 1940's carriages used on it. The Northern Explorer passes Takapu Road, nearing the end of its second southbound run
scaled.php

Well, spose its about time i contribute to this thread again... Good pics everyone! :Y:

Took 624 up to Napier today, Seen here cruising down Opapa bank.

61cd9affa3f4ea5f4744afe8a81b1fe4.jpg

e614d47bc6093c62dc4259d34887bbe1.jpg

William :)

Hi there Rugrat its good to see you back and as for the pic you put up
well all I can say is WOW
I have not been able to find that container and as yet there does not seem to be a wagon like that on trains
That route looks cool mate
chris sullivan

Back