A question to the mods

campbell5149

NS guy stuck a CSX town
Hey guys, I was just reading up on the news, and I see you've planned on an '09 version of Trainz. Ultimately, my question is, what is the new Trainz going to offer? I mean, what will be the WOW factor that will make me want to buy Trainz instead of MSTS2? Don't get me wrong, I like TRS, but I've been rather disappointed in the latest versions of TRS i.e. Classics and such. It seems to me it's just 04 in a new box. So what is going to be on the table to attract your trainzers?

Hey guys, I was just reading up on the news, and I see you've planned on an '09 version of Trainz. Ultimately, my question is, what is the new Trainz going to offer? I mean, what will be the WOW factor that will make me want to buy Trainz instead of MSTS2? Don't get me wrong, I like TRS, but I've been rather disappointed in the latest versions of TRS i.e. Classics and such. It seems to me it's just 04 in a new box. So what is going to be on the table to attract your trainzers?

Mods are moderators on the forum, Auran are best placed to answer your questions, there are two stickies on this forum that appear to answer your questions. Why would you expect the mods to have more details?

Cheerio John

i expected them to have more details for exactly that reason. they're mods at the trainz forum, therefore they should know whats going to be in trainz future. And yes I have read the first two topics, no they don't answer my questions. I wanted to know what the wow factor was, because right now the way things look I have no intention of continuing to update in trainz. As I said, whats being brought to the table in ALL of the departments or trs. not just the here and there stuff, all that is is an selling tactic. that doesn't help me. I'd like to hear what they have in store for the big picture. This is why I said a question to the mods, not to everyone who feels it nessecary to put in their two cents.

i expected them to have more details for exactly that reason. they're mods at the trainz forum, therefore they should know whats going to be in trainz future. And yes I have read the first two topics, no they don't answer my questions. I wanted to know what the wow factor was, because right now the way things look I have no intention of continuing to update in trainz. As I said, whats being brought to the table in ALL of the departments or trs. not just the here and there stuff, all that is is an selling tactic. that doesn't help me. I'd like to hear what they have in store for the big picture. This is why I said a question to the mods, not to everyone who feels it nessecary to put in their two cents.

Interesting, the WOW stuff in TC3 was created by content creators, Auran basically do the game engine.

Perhaps a pm to the mods might get you something special from their crystal ball, but I really don't think they know what the content creators are planning or even who is creating at the moment, again that's only my two cents.

Cheerio John

The moderators are community members just like you; except they have generally been around for a long time and have "proven" themselves to auran that they can be trusted to enforce the rules. most of them don't know much more than you or I do (some are beta testers and so a tad bit more than the general public)

peter

Edit: I should mention that they do not work for auran and are all volunteers.

thanks for that link eric, I see now that it's still TRS04 in a different box. Oh well, what a shame.

Actually that's quite a good thing in software terms. The requirements are well defined, by using optimising compiliers parts of the code that are resource intensive can be identified and optimised. Parts of the code that work well can be reused which reduces bugs and lowers cost.

On the documentation side we know a lot more about how things work which makes for better content and we have new tools to create in, for example I have some GMAX based BR OAA wagons that roll in at 1,100 polys on the DLS, in Blender they roll in at 750 polys and have more detail so they don't need as much computer power to display. Also the documentation itself has been refined.

Yes it is based on TRS2004 but very much refined under the covers and with far more error free content than TRS2004 ever had.

Cheerio John

I sure hope that Auran brings back the look and feel of the TRS04 interface for the 09 product, as it is much easier on the eyes than the TC look and feel.

Mods get exactly the same information as you, at exactly the same time. We're community moderators, not Auran employees. You'd probably get a more informative answer if you re-titled your post "A question to Auran".

Lol, this is a funny thread. :hehe::D:D

Let's not get too excited by a "render" of a train station.
It's a lovely looking model, but it's not gameplay.

TRS2009 is a long way away, and Auran still have a lot of work to do on it.

Smiley.

rght, this is my point. some are getting excited over a render. that's not gameplay, and judging by what i've seen so far, there's been little if any improvement. to the mods, i didn't know you weren't associates of auran, my apologies, so then, I shall email auran and see if they give a better answer, however I won't get my hopes up in the meantime.

Hello All

I'm not sure what this thread is all about but I can say this. We Mods are Moderators. That's what we do. We don't have inside information on the next version of Trainz other than what is posted by Auran. We get our information at the same time Auran releases info. Sorry we can't be of more help. :)

Cheers

AJ

Back