Fatal Errors

Dave6244

Would anyone be able to shed some light on the "fatal error" information shown below, and how to resolve this problem? As a point of information, my Sound Blaster card was updated with the latest drivers today, and it had no effect in resolving the fatal error.

The error information is as follows:

"A Fatal Error has occured"

Description:
Class: Hardware
Reason: Access Violation
Version: Jet vRRRRR.RR Build 1234.5QQQQQ
Exception @ 00B405CB in e:\trainz\bin\SoundCore_7c.dll

Recoverable exception: Yes (but it doesn't recover)
EAX: 0000006A EXB: 00000053 EXC: 0000001A EXD: FFFFFF2
ESP: 0012D808 EBP: 14FF800C ESI: 11637FFE EDI: 11638015

DS: 00000023 FS: 0000003B
ES: 00000023 GS: 00000000
SS: 00000023 CS:EIP: 001B:00B406CB

Flags: 00010203 (CF:1 ZF:0 SF:0)

Call Stack:

00B405CB - 0000001(+F5CB) e:\trainz\bin\SoundCore_7c.dll

Thanks is advance,

Dave6244

I too would dearly love to hear from anyone, who knows what the story is, as this error has been cropping up more and more frequently, about five minutes into a 'Driver' session.

I assume this is a TRS2006 problem. Try deleting the ../Auran/TRS2006/jetlog.txt file, run Trainz to get the error then check jetlog.txt to see if there is any info on the problem.

Bob

I had the same problem last year, found the solution in the old forum. The last line with the word SoundCore is the clue, the problem was due to a 'rogue' sound file. I was using some locos from TRS2004 in TRS2006 which had sounds that may not have been compatable and when I stopped using them the problem went away. Some buildings have sound files, power stations, factories, grain silos, etc. which may cause this problem also.

Fatal errors = Fate and destruction!

I don't like these fatal errors. They ruin my opportunity to get good screen shots.:'( :'( :( Is there any way I can get rid of fatal errors once and for all?:n:

I don't like these fatal errors. They ruin my opportunity to get good screen shots.:'( :'( :( Is there any way I can get rid of fatal errors once and for all?:n:

Short answer: either re-write the whole program or stop using the program. Otherwise, no.

fatal errors

I am having the same problem but how do you get rid of the problem the error wont let me play the game

i don't know if this will help
i had same problem from a test route sent to me
it kept occuring everytime i came to a station,went into CMP looked up faulty assetts and the station came up faulty [missing kuid]
found kuid and fixed asset problem went away
may i suggest fixing faulty content and see what happens from there

cheers,
patchy

Re Fatal Errors

I am getting the same problem but with my graphics driver.Have been told that access violation means that two or more programs are trying to access the graphics driver at the same time or something like that..Said to uninstall the graphics driver and re install it again to clear any gremlins out of the system...Actually I haven't done it yet as I keep forgetting to do it.....:sleep: I forget who I am sometimes...

By the way I am using trs 2004 at the moment..

Last edited:
Back