Australian screenshots

Hello Gents

I have looked on the DLS and couldn't really find any. Are there any containers, trailers, or cars that would have been used on SAR/VR flatcar Freight/Goods trains in the 1970s or 1980s? Need some for my route. Any help is appreciated.

Hello Gents

I have looked on the DLS and couldn't really find any. Are there any containers, trailers, or cars that would have been used on SAR/VR flatcar Freight/Goods trains in the 1970s or 1980s? Need some for my route. Any help is appreciated.

Well, heres a tip, and this goes to anyone else searching for things, Don't search for anything specific, i.e. SARRailways, you would be better off just searching 'VR' or 'SAR' on the DLS. This will give you a look at most, if not all, of the content suited to what you are modelling in trainz.

SARRailways, try for VR KMQ and QN. Their both Zec's, and fit well into many VR scenes. tommyg is working on a VR Lumber wagon, but don't start begging, as Tom takes time to perfectly detail his content. If you cannot find what you're after, you may get away with some NSW stock too :)

Cheers
Stevo

Well, heres a tip, and this goes to anyone else searching for things, Don't search for anything specific, i.e. SARRailways, you would be better off just searching 'VR' or 'SAR' on the DLS. This will give you a look at most, if not all, of the content suited to what you are modelling in trainz.

SARRailways, try for VR KMQ and QN. Their both Zec's, and fit well into many VR scenes. tommyg is working on a VR Lumber wagon, but don't start begging, as Tom takes time to perfectly detail his content. If you cannot find what you're after, you may get away with some NSW stock too :)

Cheers
Stevo

I had been searching SAR, VR, AUS for anything apart from modern day containers. Thanks for the help once again!

Great work there Keith, really coming along beautifully, and some outstanding stuff from others of late, too many too list individually, but you're all truly inspirational in your work, please keep it up! :)

More SCT Class screenies....

Hi, as several of you have asked me of the progress of the SCT etc. Classes I am presently working on and to save myself sending the same screenies to everyone asking, here are some update pics of the SCT Class. As long as one overlooks the bogies, only "borrowed" from my AN Class locomotives as I haven't started these yet.

As well, some body items still need to be added, like a lot of decals, stickers, window wipers etc. Some of the light coronas are not in the right place yet either, hence these look a bit out of whack. The body should be finished in a few days. What you will get when finished is "Payware" quality locomotives as Freeware, some of us Content Creators still believe in building/creating such :hehe:.

Without further ado:

sctvb1.jpg

sctvb2.jpg

sctvb3.jpg

sctvb5.jpg

Enjoy

VinnyBarb

VinnyBarb,

May I please ask what happened to the bluebirds you were doing???

The reason I am asking is, if you are still doing them, could you please do them in this livery? Yes, the blebirds were in Victoria and did run in the maroon v/line livery.

These are on hold. I need some roofing and engine details and when I have the time to go to the National Rail Museum in Port Adelaide to take the required pictures of what I need to know, then I can/will finish the BlueBirds. As well as needing to know how the engine and drive gear looked underneath. These are the only things holding me up to finish them. I need to know exactly how the fans looked, whether these were exposed with the fan blades visible through a screen/grill/grid and the look of the whole console on top with the radiators in it. The pics I have seen are too vague to give me these details.

Re the VicRail look of the BlueBirds, yes, these can be accommodated once I get these needed details. Any special numbers or names of the various 100, 250, 280 Classes with the Vics? I can see a 811 number on one of the VicRail BBs there.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Tale Of Two Steaks

Hello Everyone.

Just a bit of montage treatment here today. The history of cattle trains over the years from my QGR Ipswich. I am getting hungry thinking of steak, so lets get this mooving! :p :hehe:

trainz89_20111230_0002.jpg

trainz89_20111230_0006.jpg

Kindest Regards

Michael Gitsham
QGR-QHR Commissioner Of Railways

Last edited:
Well I"m getting close only a few things to do now...

Biggest thing is finding out what is on DLS and what is not .. and I don't think there is an easy way of doing it..

but here's a few pic's

Note.. PN 7125+7124 are only there for the session I"m building as that's where they got their final fit-out before being haul lite up north behind PN DEL loco 8308 with 7125+7124 in tow. Thanks to Williamg for the wonderful models ( is there a pants down version or are they retractable pants ?).

Targanon_20120105_0000.jpg
Targanon_20120105_0016.jpg

Targanon_20120105_0012.jpg
2011-08-12134306.jpg

Targanon_20120105_0002.jpg
Targanon_20120105_0003.jpg

Targanon_20120103_0027-1.jpg

the Trucks are William2's work thanks for those perfect timing on that Bill..

Looks good Targanon.

I love that fourth shot; it could almost be a real photograph!:eek::eek:

Thanks to Williamg for the wonderful models ( is there a pants down version or are they retractable pants ?).

May want to rethink the wording on that one a little.:hehe::p

Matt.

What you will get when finished is "Payware" quality locomotives as Freeware, some of us Content Creators still believe in building/creating such :hehe:.

Enjoy

VinnyBarb

Stunning work VB! As for "still making Freeware", Australians are very lucky to have a number of creators churning out exceptionally high quality Freeware. I'd support more "Donationware" and Payware too, such is the quality!

No point changing red or green arrows so how do you change points?

I'd suggest that he's hidden the on-screen help (at least for the screenshot). I do the same thing, it's an option in the title bar at the top of screen. I do that so when I'm driving, I only see the arrows when I'm not in cab mode, and even then, only when I hover over them. I certainly don't see them out and about in real life (and I would hope I wouldn't, can you imagine if we were allowed to change points ourselves!)

Back