Australian screenshots

Ok, here are some shots of NSW tunnels from the internet.

Woy Woy, showing how the catenary wire is brought down closer to the contact wire
3d444b6a5876c185eff858e7dbfb8381.jpg

From the outside
3798076eea9e43bf0473a4cb1ec69fa3.jpg

Glebe Tunnel. Light rail now, but shows how the wires are often strung side-by-side
27baaa26cf8cf029f5f66bb09faadc71.jpg

Glenbrook. Very good at showing the height difference of the wires
7bcabcbb36f731dc92c13673296fce74.jpg

Glenbrook again
f70c50f1a6660dfbef92e4bb764114fd.jpg

Woy Woy again? Gives an idea of the tunnel dimensions
b0b12a6a7457498abcdeadee1096eedf.jpg

The Zig Zag tunnels. Another good shot for modellers
8e62cfaf383af109a4a34f2a90dd5736.jpg

And lastly, a shot to show the dimensions compared to the XPT passing through
a56f769a9f21edfcf21364e6e3c16cc5.jpg

Hope that helps.

Pichi Richi & SAR Narrow Gauge Story

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is having a fine tuesday today, and nice to see some good progress being made.

Just a few screenshots and a progress shot from me; I have been working on a little project that adds onto Rastis Old Ghan Railway, The Pichi Richi Railway, a beautiful and senic section of the Great Northern Railway - Later Central Australia Railway. I have been making alot of content with the assistance of narrowgauge, who without his experience and detailing; some of these projects would just never get in the game.

A blast from the West
- Progress shot of a WAGR W Class - to become in seperate versions that represent Pichi Richi W Class #933 & 934 and maybe the Silverton Tramway W Class - W22. I will release a WAGR Version - 901.
WAGRWClass-PichiRichiW933_zps9a6a8f92.jpg

Finally, some screenshots of my nearly completed SAR Y Class - Just to complete the front bogie and she is working. Just completed aswell a selection of SAR NG Short Toms & The Special Carriages.
trainz89_20130617_0003_zps1b1a8ba2.jpg

trainz89_20130617_0002_zps0dc46b70.jpg

trainz89_20130617_0001_zps9572b7a2.jpg
P.S - SAR Coffee Pot news; expect to see her working very shortly. Hopefully her first run will be on the Old Ghan Railway.

With Regards

Michael Gitsham

:wave: Hi All

Nicely going there Michael :)

A couple from me :) of some SA content :)

dbav.jpg

Ladie Norrie pulling the the picture van

bi1r.jpg

SAR 95,000 litre Tanker an Gards van.

Taken useing the new Ocemy demo map which i have finly got TS12 working with all update's :)

Poul

Thank you all for the Nat Rail DL Class pics (Ghosty, Poul, Andrew and others), I already started to implement changes to finish the Nat Rail DL Class.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Bondonga Rail

Good Evening Everyone,

@Michael - Great looking locos, are you planning on creating cabs for them?.

here are some from me. These are just a few of the testing of QR DD17 #949 on the Bondonga Rail line.

I hope you have all enjoyed, The DD17, I have found a few things that could be fixed and should be out soon.

-Cheers

Hi nicky9499

RE : Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this read "highly flammable"?

I thought so to, but that is what was on the tank that i remember seeing and the Pic here

zx5r.jpg

Tank wagon mounted on 6 wheel bogies with a capacity 95 500 litres constructed by Forwood Down & Co Ltd, Kilkenny, South Australia.
17.6.1966 Entered service as "TOG" 6 wheel distillate tank wagon with a capacity 95 500 litres.
- Recoded "ATGY".
- Recoded "ATGF".
2009 Condemned and cut up at Dry Creek.

Poul

Is Anyone Going to Make TasRail Locomotives At All.... I Would Really Much Appreciate Who Ever Is...... I Would Really Like to some Screenshots Of The MKA,ZR/ZP Class....

Hi nicky9499

RE : Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't this read "highly flammable"?

Poul

Hi Poul,

Anyone would generally think so, it even had me fooled. :eek:

Although, today's terminology for the word 'Inflammable' states that something is non-combustible. The online dictionary/wikitionary suggests that both 'Flammable & Inflammable' may mean the same thing. Where they got that deception from is beyond me!

I don't know which online source you can trust that sounds more appropriate to one's understanding of the word, but it sure is interesting lol.

Marty

inflammable/flammable

Because;"the in- in inflammable was derived from the Latin preposition meaning en- (like enflamed), not the Latin prefix meaning -un"

Snip... and if i can work out how to get the PSD into a format folks can then make change the colour or texture to better suite their needs all on the DLS of course.

Cheers Mick.:)

All you need to do is to hang on that "psd" file this:

.tga

(with the stop in front) so it become a xxx.psd.tga file and include this into your CM folder. Then save/export this folder as a CDP. Easy :hehe:.

You fool CM into believing this is a xxx.tga file when making the CDP and when installing this into CM and if you include a "readme text" with your CDP and point out for a user to delete the ".tga" ending of the file once installed into CM, it reverts back to a "psd" file and can be used as intended. I did this before in the old TRS days and I just did this again in TS12. Once installed as above in CM, you can access all files included in it.

Cheers

VinnyBarb

Hey all,

Getting close to finishing the 8 Ton I Wagon I started very long time ago, lack of research stalled me on the project, but I've been able to get back in to due to more photos popping up on Victorianrailways.net

here's an exported image with various loads on it so far there not mapped nor painted, just a quick export, I'm also going to be experimenting with separate animated tarps for the over sized loads such as the 76 sacks of wheat and the 14 medium goods, the wheat sacks can go up another 2~3 rows from what photos show, but as it's a 8 ton wagon and not 10 tons or 12tons as the photos might be from I won't add those extra rows.

I'm also going to look into timber loads too, there is another queue I'll add which will add anything the user wants by clicking the + which is set for single loads that can be seen on the end wagons.

azervich_20130618_0000_zps879b7458.jpg

On the image below the first wagon, fourth wagon, third last and second last is the one I'm building, they where originally built 1860~1865 to carry 7 tons, most where modified to hold 8 tons and a few to hold 10 tons.

Ballarat1860-_slv_close01.jpg

Cheers.

Wow Michael!
That looks extremely accurate. It must have taken some time to get it right. Hornsby yard is a complex yard but you really have done well! :)

I look forward to more progress shots from you.

All we need now is a few Waratahs and OSCars to go in the yard! ;)

Last edited:
Back