Australian screenshots

Evening all. Ghosty & Forest_Runner, those shots are tops. But anyway, here's a few of a steam trip to Pinkenba last weekend.

ryanmcc201006050001.jpg

Paused under the (old) Gateway Motorway bridge at Eagle Farm (Airport)

ryanmcc201006050002.jpg

Chuffing along on the way to the P-Bar

ryanmcc201006050003.jpg

Finally made it, rusty rails meant a slow journey over the level crossings:hehe:

ryanmcc201006050008.jpg

Been around the Balloon Loop and departing for town (for the last time???)

ryanmcc201006050011.jpg

Back through Doomben.

That's all for now. No new routes for a while as I'm still correcting everything that changed when I went to TRS2010 (getting rid of most spedtrees...).

Ryan

Today saw the first test of the freshly painted steamer at the ZR works. Although the loco was not moved under it's own steam , we did wish to pull her out to get some photographs with some appropriate rolling stock. Unfortunately, as the couplers had not been fitted (due to some faults in the hooks), we had to use rope to pull the loco out using Z526.

Prior to using the rope to 'couple' the two locos, I snapped this shot in the ZR workshops shed.

After coupling the two together, Polly eases the new loco out of the workshops.

So as to bring the 'veteran' cars out of the shed, we had to place the loco on the goods loop. Seen here, Z526 is pulling the loco down the loop.

After placing the loco into the goods loop, Z526 went off to pickup the three veteran cars. Seen here, the new loco sits proudly in the goods loop.

At the other end of the yard, Z526 is seen picking up the three veteran cars. These are an 'A' 6 wheel car, and two 'B' four wheel cars.

Having walked back to the new platform, I captured this shot of the rear of the loco.

Having bought the cars into the platform, Z526 is seen with the new loco and the cars, prior to pulling forward out of the platform.

Sitting in the platform, the new loco is sits with the consist in the ZR workshops platform.

Taken from the drivers 'seat' (actually, there is no seat for him...), this shows what the driver would see from the cab...

Enjoy :)

Zec

progress on 720
loco just about done except for numbers and att's also some sort of oval marking on cab side which I cant find a pic of
720prog2.jpg

cheers
pete

progress on 720
loco just about done except for numbers and att's also some sort of oval marking on cab side which I cant find a pic of
720prog2.jpg

cheers
pete

*Compares to N scale loco* ...Yep that is awsome!:hehe: but my model has a few more bars along the boiler as well as a bell just infront of the chimny

Jackford, if you read what he said at the beginning of his post.... "Just some shots from the small portion of my layout I'm working on" meaning it is not finished yet.

Very nice images there Fred3801 !

and that was a wile back mate i know thats why i was asking if its uploaded yet not forcing ok cheers it looks great so far

Now children, be nice. If you want to argue, you will have to go outside for that, ok.

:D

But thank you both for the kind words. Unfortunately as small and basic as that layout was, I regret in saying that I lost it (aswell as other content) when my problem challenged computer decided to crash a while back. So unfortunetly my screen shots, some of which are posted on here are all whats left.

But that doesn't mean I'm out of the game. I've recently purchased the Trainz 2010 and I am currently looking into getting a new tower for the home computer. And seeing everyone elses screenies especially one creators work from CWS (cough, Davido!, cough :p) is just ever the more reason to start up again. So I will be back with more ideas I intend on doing in due time! :)

Hey guys, nice pics.

Ryan_McC, is it just me or is that overpass in the first shot upside down? It looks a little odd to me.

Ghostryder, thanks for the kind words. I too take my inspiration from the works of Muliebuck, Forest_Runner and the likes; however it makes it hard to look at their work, and then load up my own paltry efforts in surveyor.

I do try, however, and feel that i will slowly but surely get my work to a standard that approaches that of the aforementioned artistes.

Cheers,

Matt.

Hmmmm.... Read the question! Read the question! Read the question!
That is what I was and still are told about exams.

Many students would answer the above question with the variables listed, which, if you "Read the question" would be incorrect. I would have just answered "yes" to the question, and moved on. I would then take the teacher to task over the fact it was (inevitably) marked as incorrect and ask, where does it ask me to list the variables? The question asks 'can you?" Well, yes I can, or, no I can't. Either response in my opinion would be correct. The question deserves a binary response, either yes or no. Nothing else is required.

It's obvious your maths and science teachers did not excel in English. If the examiners goal was to elicit understanding of the concepts then they are required to ask specific questions that achieve this. Their role is not to assume the student can elicit from the question, that which is required by the examiner.

It's quite obvious you did!:hehe:
Jamie

Why...once again, I'm not allowed to play with suveyor when bored....

muliebuck20100613000010.jpg

muliebuck20100613000110.jpg

muliebuck20100613000714.jpg

muliebuck20100613000410.jpg

muliebuck20100613000510.jpg

muliebuck20100613000611.jpg

Roughly - two hours...give or take, and I'm getting slack....

Last edited:
That track seems very detailed, do you notice any reduction in performance over a less detailed track, or is it negligable? Either way, outstanding work as usual!

See, this is exactly what i'm talking about. I fire up Trainz, load my route into surveyor, and do a little work on it. I think it looks alright, and it cheers me up a littleto see what i've accomplished. Afterwards, i decide to stop by the forums, and this thread, and am confronted by scenes such as the above.

How in hell do i compete with that?

You bring me straight back to the ground, and it ain't a gentle landing, i can tell you that!

The track layout i think i could come up with a little time, that's not the issue i have. It's the texturing and placement of trees/buildings that stumps me. Muliebuck seems to pull it off so effortlessly, with some very lifelike results.

Oh well, i suppose the thing to do here is go cry myself to sleep, over how talentless i am!:'( Just kidding; Muliebuck, i shall study closely and learn from your latest masterpiece. Thank you for sharing.

Matt.

Mattm

Easy, you dont compete, you be yourself do your own thing otherwise if you tried to compete you would go round the twist, mulie does his own thing i do mine and i suspect other creators do the same thing, dont worry mattm good work comes you just need to be patient and practise.

ghosty

Hah - can't compete with your masterworks Forestrunner, but yes, its a mighty nice fence - would never have realised it was there (so much content i don't know/use), so will endeavor to implement more of it.

Railchase: It IS very nice track, but I personally, on my PC don't notice any major performance issues with it, but do know its rather...intense - but high quality track like that, one just can't say no!

Mattm

Easy, you dont compete, you be yourself do your own thing otherwise if you tried to compete you would go round the twist, mulie does his own thing i do mine and i suspect other creators do the same thing, dont worry mattm good work comes you just need to be patient and practise.

ghosty

Yeah, that last line says it all. Patience and practice- the first is in short supply, the second is something that i need more of, yes. Thanks for the encouragement; it means a lot.
I suppose when you get down to it, the only judgment that matters is that which you make yourself. I need to stop being so critical of my work. If i think it looks good, that's all that matters.

Anyway, that's enough from me; just one last question for Forest_Runner: What is it with you and fences? You're scaring me, mate:D

Matt.

Finally got the passengers behaving...no more heads throught the roof and legs sticking out the sides :D ...although I did see a young lady with her head stuck into the back of the seat in front :hehe:

Screen_110.jpg

Screen_114.jpg

Screen_136.jpg

BTW...nice shots from everyone of late :cool:

Cheers
David

Back