Australian screenshots

Nice work Axe i see you've changed out the Track will this be staying for the released version ?. Keep up the great work mate i'm looking forward to the TS12 Version of your masterpiece.
Cheers Mick.:)

Thanks Mick for you comments. Yes I will be using the track for the release version, unless I find something better on the DLS, but I think this rail is built in to TS2012.

Regards

G'Day, I'm working on concrete sleeper,

286wsxf.jpg

Cheers. :)

New QR Track

42" Track

2 new types of QR NG Tracks;

Wood

Concrete

These are modified meshes from Rumour3 with textures from Samplaire (with permission).

Available from the DLS.

Cheers,

Bill.

Great shots Axe, you always manage to spur me on when I get sick or bored of building my line.
If you are looking for a nice track, may I suggest Davido's Concrete Sleeper Track from his website?

it might be worth picking up the latest issue of 'Australian Railway History' magazine which includes amongst other things an article on the W class by Adrian Gunzburg, which is virtually copied from his book 'A History of WAGR Steam Locomotives' with additional information included. Sadly it lacks the above mentioned line drawings, but it's worth it alone for the photos and the technical info on the class. ;)

Also in that issue are SAR 900 class EE diesels, the NSWGR DEB set and more with the full list here http://www.arhsnsw.com.au/arh.htm

Cheers
Peter

Yup, that's right - it's the 900th issue which explains why everything in that issue is an Aussie loco or rolling stock class associated with the number 900 (hence the W class inclusion - they were numbered 901 to 960 by the WAGR).

Correct me definetely if I'm wrong though, but aren't the SAR 900 class diesels ALCOs and not English Electric?

Yup, that's right - it's the 900th issue which explains why everything in that issue is an Aussie loco or rolling stock class associated with the number 900 (hence the W class inclusion - they were numbered 901 to 960 by the WAGR).

Correct me definetely if I'm wrong though, but aren't the SAR 900 class diesels ALCOs and not English Electric?

Details: Specifications:
Type: Diesel-Electric
Builder: SAR
Introduced: 1951
Road Numbers: 900 - 909
Number Built: 10
Preserved - 1
Scrapped - 7
Stored - 2
Length: 20.17 m
Mass: 128.00 t
Axles: A1A-A1A
Engine: EE 16SVT
Generator: EE 822-17K
Traction Motors: EE 523
Power: 1185 kW (1590 HP)
Starting Traction: 279 kN
Continous Traction: 151 kN at 24 km/h
Maximum Speed: 119 km/h

Perhaps you mean the 930 class which are Alcos very similar to the NSW 44 class?

Thanks Mick for you comments. Yes I will be using the track for the release version, unless I find something better on the DLS, but I think this rail is built in to TS2012.

Regards

Thanks Axe the screenie's are looking outstanding mate but can you promise me once the TS12 version is out you will have a rest and give us time to get used to it before you add another 100klm's or so..LOL
Cheers Mick.:)

Part of the confusion is that some branchline Alcos have been renumbered into the 900 group so there were the original EE 900 class I noted above as well as the more recent renumbering matter.

The website I got the above EE 900 class data from is also a bit unhelpful as it has the EE data from 1951 but also pictures of the rebuilt renumbered smaller Alcos. http://www.vicsig.net/index.php?page=locomotives&class=900&orgstate=S&type=Diesel-Electric

Another confusion is that some say the original SAR EE locos from 1951 somewhat look like the PA group of USA Alcos locos. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ALCO_PA

LATE EDIT; sorry but I should have mentioned both the original EE SAR 900 and later Alco 900 units are described in the October 'Australian Railway History' so those interested can check if desired.

Cheers
Peter

Last edited:
Happy Birthday
Zec
:Y::clap::Y:

Hope you have a great day Zec. Many thanks for all you help over the years both as a Moderator and a Community member.

Craig
:):):)

Happy Biffy Zec, should have bought you a steam train. Next year we'll get you a cake shaped into a streamlined S301, that way you'll be able to eat yourself. :p

Great shots Axe, you always manage to spur me on when I get sick or bored of building my line.
If you are looking for a nice track, may I suggest Davido's Concrete Sleeper Track from his website?

Thanks Taggy,

I love using Davido's content, as you would know, but I prefer to use content (especially scenery) that is available on the DLS. Having said that I think the track will be easy to replace once you get a hold of it. :)

X93mJ.jpg

Nwsbv.jpg

Thanks Axe the screenie's are looking outstanding mate but can you promise me once the TS12 version is out you will have a rest and give us time to get used to it before you add another 100klm's or so..LOL
Cheers Mick.
asmile.gif

Can't promise that, but I hope this will be the last update. ;)

Regards

Last edited:
SAR Backwater Railway Multi-Player ready!

Took me a little while but she is looking fancy.

Ill post more screenies of the rest of the branches of the system as I work on them.

KUID: 134337:100093:2

561957_10151268636656499_1598350000_n.jpg

Axe... You make me texture envious haha

So, Vinny, Nice Chinese Bogies on the DLS................................................

Also, Happy Birthday Zec

Yes, these are for the new CSR Class from SCT Logistics, still waiting to be released. I am waiting for my script writer/maker to finish this particular script, he promised it 2 weeks ago.

Also Happy Birthday Zec, I might have a coldie on you, or two or three or...... :Y:.

SAR Backwater Railway Multi-Player ready!

Took me a little while but she is looking fancy.

Ill post more screenies of the rest of the branches of the system as I work on them.

KUID: 134337:100093:2

561957_10151268636656499_1598350000_n.jpg

Axe... You make me texture envious haha
Hey, Temp very nice looking route u have there is it available at the moment?

Back