ugly trains

this is what happened when portugal built a loco all made of inox steel :

6944849231_e80fbb7ff0_z.jpg

The Geep that you posted isn't photoshopped; it was rebuilt from many different sources for Wisconsin Central. I posted that picture a few months back; it is NOT fake.

Bumping multiple old threads, are you? :eek:
Are you sure, quassingaquali? (Sorry for the misspelling, but I can never spell your username right.)

I've had enough of this thread. Everybody says 'this is the ugliest locomotive.' Then someone says 'that's not the ugliest locomotive, this is the ugliest locomotive.' This series of comments continues on and on and on. That is, or part, of the reason why there's 68 pages, and counting, of comments about which locomotive is the ugliest. I believe that everyone has their own right to say what they believe is the ugliest locomotive is. However, here's a couple of questions that people seem to ignore:
Is this the ugliest locomotive in the world?
Is this the ugliest locomotive in (place country here (i.e. United Kingdom))?
I must comment that there are some locomotives that should not be called an 'ugly locomotive.' The 4-6-2 Flying Scotsman and The Mallard are perfect examples of locomotives that should not be on this list of ugly locomotives. These two locomotives are well-known, and are known by people around the world. Why would they be considered ugly?
I will feel very good if this thread is closed or people are unable to post new pictures or anything else in this thread.

I feel it is a good thread ... but some of those supposed "ugly trains", are really not that bad looking at all ... but a Kraus Maffi definately is ugly

I agree that this is a good thread and I find it very intersting seeing the various designs of loco and train from around the world. What it highlights is how varied design is and also that what you see locally is what you then take to be the norm.

What I would say is that the thread is badly named. It would be more appropriate if it were called the 'Unusual loco/train thread'. Is it possible for mods to change the thread title?

Back