Paging MSGSapper

Hi. I thought I had heard that you provided a " template " version of your BI3 industries but I have not been able to find it. If there is one, what name should I use to find it in the DLS?

I have been using your Fuel version because when I get to the " Products " section, there is still room to add more items to the list and it seems like one can't remove the original ones.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Wild Willy the Wacko

That was me that made the BI3 Template. I basically took one of MSGSapper's BI3 industry tracks and removed the products listed in the config file. The item you're looking for is '412_BI3_Template', <kuid:289739:100473>.

I don't see it !

That was me that made the BI3 Template. I basically took one of MSGSapper's BI3 industry tracks and removed the products listed in the config file. The item you're looking for is '412_BI3_Template', <kuid:289739:100473>.

I finally found it, thanks.

That was hard to find I guess I just can't read lists!

Wild Willy the Wacko

Last edited:
The only caveat with the BI3 is that you need a track somewhere on your route with all the cars that has the products used by all the BI3 industries on the route. This is because the BI3 looks in the config file of rolling stock for the products. Therefore, you need to hide all this rolling stock in like say, a large building, like a warehouse or factory, or an old, abandoned spur.

I've been doing that for years......

The only caveat with the BI3 is that you need a track somewhere on your route with all the cars that has the products used by all the BI3 industries on the route. This is because the BI3 looks in the config file of rolling stock for the products. Therefore, you need to hide all this rolling stock in like say, a large building, like a warehouse or factory, or an old, abandoned spur.

I think that is how the original MIN's worked, but why hide them? It's kool to have some cars sitting around in yards. To make it more realistic, make a string of each of them near where they will be used.

Most of my interest in the BI3's came about from looking for something to replace the defective MIN's where the " Tracks " section would not show a list of commodities to pick from.

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

@jordon412 have you been keeping the script changes up to date in your template that @MSGSapper has made on his BI3 industries?

I find using the template a little easier than plopping a specific industry and then having to remove the commodities I don’t want.

@jordon412 have you been keeping the script changes up to date in your template that @MSGSapper has made on his BI3 industries?

I find using the template a little easier than plopping a specific industry and then having to remove the commodities I don’t want.
There have been changes to the script? I was not aware of that. I haven't been on the Forums as frequently as I have been in the past. If I remember correctly, I removed the preconfigured products in the config file so that you can just add your own products to the template.

There have been changes to the script? I was not aware of that. I haven't been on the Forums as frequently as I have been in the past. If I remember correctly, I removed the preconfigured products in the config file so that you can just add your own products to the template.
There were some changes that were done. I just copied the script from an updated one and put it into yours which resolved the problem I was having, but now I am using a locally modified asset which defeats the purpose of having the template on the DLS.

I would actually like it even better if @MSGSapper were to release an empty template like yours (no offence to you) and then all the BI3 industries would be kept up to date by him.

Reactions: WYO
Back