Track taking a long time to appear

Orpheus2000

Very recently I have found that, during a session, when I move the focus to another driver the track and often the loco can take a minute or more to appear; in the meantime part of the consist rattles merrily on with no visible means of support. The same was true today when I opened a previously saved running session.

The layout I'm using has 24 AI consists running and I have assumed that this is overloading the application. all the performance ratings are at their highest, but until the last few days this doesn't appear to have caused any problems. The PC system includes:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX B360-I GAMING
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 25.3 GB
Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB
Available Virtual Memory 27.6 GB
Disc Drive1 Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB
Disc Drive 2 Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

and this should be able to cope.

The puzzle is that this delay of the track appearing happened, I thought, a bit suddenly. All was OK, apart from occasional performance lags, until a few days ago. I think it was when I added consist 23, followed the next day by consist 24. Then the delays appeared and were immediately severe. Perhaps there is a tipping point, at which this sudden change occurs.

Remove some of the trains and see if the issue is resolved. If so, submit a bug report with more details and we'll check it out.

I have been experiencing this issue for may month's now.
In TRS19 since SP1 & TRS22 SP1
To quickly resolve the video I select pause then un pause.
It is I believe the game not releasing cache quick enough.

Here is my PC specification.
CPU: Model Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32 Gb Kingston Memory
Display Device: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER on TU 104-A GPU

Last edited:
I have been experiencing this issue for may month's now.
In TRS19 since SP1 & TRS22 SP1
To quickly resolve the video I select pause then un pause.
It is I believe the game not releasing cache quick enough.

Here is my PC specification.
CPU: Model Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32 Gb Kingston Memory
Display Device: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER on TU 104-A GPU

I have found the same thing, Jack. The SP1 update for TRS22+ is better than the previous version but the problem is still there. By pressing pause, everything loads up and I can continue on, otherwise, tracks are missing ahead of the train along with the roads.

I already have this on low without improvement.
I do not believe that this is the cause, more likely to be the program not releasing or updating cache.

I have a GeForce RTX 2070 with Max-Q and a GTX 960M, both work way better with Post processing to LOW, although not perfect. The load times are 10x better.

I'm seeing this as well, on 117009. I had put it down to the increasing number of trains, 40-plus, but the Pause-unpause trick seems to work very quickly.

I already have post processing set to low.

i9-10850K @3.60 GHz plus 32GB RAM, RTX 3070.

Peter

Last edited:
Try this:
In the main Menu enable the Developer tools.

Press CTRL at the same time when choosing the Rebuild database from the Developer menu.

This action also precaches all the kuid dependencies (including any new or updated kuid's recently added in Content Manager).

Once the new precaching is done layout and sessions do load up a lot faster and runs more smoothly.

On my computer the data gets from the CPU ram to the GPU card more quicker.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended Data Repairs:

After an etended data repair, the precaching has to be rebuilt from scratch as if you have recently installed your program for the first time.
The process needs to complete before the routes and even Surveyor become usable again.

There is a faster way to create the precache using TrainzUtil.

Ensure you have advanced developer options enabled. (If you've checked the box already, you can skip this step.)
- On the Launcher, click on the dev tab and check that box.
- Close that window.
- Click on Developer and Trainzutil.

This will open a window.

- Type this in the window:

prebuild

This process can take a lot of time depending upon how much content you have.
Once done your content will be cached and the menus in Surveyor, Driver will be much faster loading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

davies_mike57

I have this problem almost everytime i load to build on my route, like above pressing pause seems to help. when i first load surveyor i ctrl f2 into driver and unpause and wait a minute, then ctrl f1 back to surveyor and it's extremely smooth.

a previous writer said that pressing the "pause" key caused the program to immediately display the image. I found that this stopped movement and my graphics card was able to immediately display the scene. When I switch from one area of my route to another, the program wants to first terminate all movement, trains, trees, grass, etc. Then it proceeds to display the new scene. I think this has to be corrected by a program change, it is not related to hardware or settings. My system has an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti that is usually running between 35-45%, my CPU utilization is 20-25%. My GPU has 12.0 GB of dedicated memory and the program doesn't appear to be able to utilize more than 3.0 GB. Is this limited by the software? It pushes graphical processing from my graphics card to my CPU.

I have the RTX 3080 and not the Ti version and I also see the same problem.

I noticed that when I switch between Driver to Surveyor then return if I unpause before going from Surveyor to Driver, then everything loads up quickly, almost instantly, including areas with lots of consists.

This is definitely a bug and not us having too many consists on the route. If that was the case, we could only run little kiddie routes with one train and a single baseboard. This was never an issue before, therefore it's a bug now and not a feature.

Back