Trainz_New_concept_and_building_high-altitude_route

Hi,

Introduction to download.

Because Google does not want to be responsible for any damage caused by the virus,
it puts a preventive message informing about downloading files from Google's drive at its own risk.
I would also like to point out that the Google drive checks files against viruses at a high level,
but does not ensure complete detection.
In my opinion the files are completely safe on Google drive and after download.

Download : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1d0FUzQ1bj2CZkzRFEqW8lzWAi_q9gCYc?usp=sharing

best regards
Sebastian

Last edited:
Hi Sebastian,

I have had a look at the Google Drive files you have posted but I can't read the PDF as it is Polish. Is it possible to provide an English version? If not I will see if Google can translate it. I am interested in your proposal for generating terrain, I have used Transdem which does a similar thing.

Kind regards,

Gary

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks, I've translated it now so will have a read and get back to you later today.

Kind regards

Gary

Hi Gary,

You have to divide it in half to translate the whole thing. The guide shouldn't pose any additional questions but feel free to contact me if necessary.
If you would like to share our private resources, please also contact sebastian.babik@outlook.com

best regards
Sebastian

Last edited:
Don't put your E-Mail in posts to the forums. If you do, you will get a lot of bots sending you junk mail.

Don't put your E-Mail in posts to the forums. If you do, you will get a lot of bots sending you junk mail.

I will second that. Plus I apologise labeling the original post as SPAM - the fact that the poster did not have a Trainz timeline (which nearly always indicates an unregistered user), its content (apart from the title) said nothing about Trainz and it provided a external link (which I was never going to click) - all the hallmarks of SPAM.

Outlook

Nie umieszczaj swojego adresu e-mail w postach na forach. Jeśli to zrobisz, dostaniesz wiele botów wysyłających Ci niechcianą pocztę.

yes I know,
Thank you for the warning
but for many years I have been successfully removing spam with experience without clogging the mailbox, so I recommend Outlook mail

best regards
Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

I have downloaded and imported some DTM tiles from Geoportal and got them into GlobalMapper but am having issues downloading the orthofotos - I will email you.

Kind regards,

Gary

My private Trainz

[CYTAT=pware;1944492]Popieram. Dodatkowo jego przepraszam do oryginalnego postu jako SPAM - fakt, że na plakacie nie było osi czasu Pociąg (która prawie zawsze z niezarejestrowanego użytkownika), treść (poza tytułem) nic nie mówił o Trainz i podał łącze zewnętrzne (w którym nie ma głosu) - wszystkie cechy SPAMU.

It's ok,
my trainz is very private and lovingly built

I cleaned up unnecessary files and kuids.
I have reviewed and corrected the scripts, changed and improved the interface
I have reviewed every file in trainz and my action is aimed at solving problems with performance, especially with liquidity, because without smoothness it is impossible to drive

The gentlemen of Auran have a lot, many things to do to bring everything to order
Running completely new stuff is not a good idea when you don't clean up old rubbish.
Lots of cleaning and minor repairs for efficiency and smoothness.

As you can see, I love railways and I will gladly exchange private materials, contact me via e-mail

pozdrawiam
Sebastiana

Last edited:
tutorial

Cześć Sebastian, pobrałem

i zaimportowałem niektóre kafelki DTM z Geoportalu i wprowadziłem je do GlobalMappera, ale mam problemy z pobraniem ortofotomapy - wyślę Ci e-maila.

Z poważaniem,

Gary[/CYTAT]

Describe the problem here, let others learn as well, and maybe I will clarify and improve the tutorial.
You can use my e-mail whenever you want.

best regards
Sebastian

Issues downloading orthophotos

When I try and download the orthofotos from geoportal.gov.pl, for the same tiles I downloaded the 1m DTM for I get a blank file with 1 K size being downloaded called StandardResolution. I have definitely drawn a box to select the tile in question. I have tried downloading the high res orthophotos instead but it takes about 20 mins and then the download fails - screenshot below.

Downloading-geographic-information-for-Trainz.jpg

I've checked for Internet speed issues but my Internet download speeds are 90 Mbps so it can't be that. Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Gary

point 2c

Cześć Sebastian, pobrałem

i zaimportowałem niektóre kafelki DTM z Geoportalu i wprowadziłem je do GlobalMappera, ale mam problemy z pobraniem ortofotomapy - wyślę Ci e-maila.

Z poważaniem,

Gary[/CYTAT]

Hi Gary,

Try another way to download an orthophotomap or cartomap, or other maps
starting the tutorial from point 2c

best regards
Sebastian

Gdy próbuję pobrać ortofotosy z geoportal.gov.pl, dla tych samych kafelków pobrałem 1m DTM, ponieważ otrzymuję pusty plik o rozmiarze 1K o nazwie StandardResolution. Zdecydowanie narysowałem pole, aby wybrać daną płytkę. Próbowałem zamiast tego pobrać ortofotomapy o wysokiej rozdzielczości, ale zajmuje to około 20 minut, a następnie pobieranie nie powiodło się – zrzut ekranu poniżej.

Downloading-geographic-information-for-Trainz.jpg

Sprawdziłem pod kątem problemów z szybkością Internetu, ale moje prędkości pobierania Internetu wynoszą 90 Mb / s, więc to nie może być to. Jakieś sugestie?

Z poważaniem,

Gary[/CYTAT]

OK, select at the very beginning

choose
> orthophotomap according to the news
> orthophotomap by resolution
> real orthophotomap

select> orthophotomap by resolution

select by left-clicking on the tile
If the data is on the website, you will see a popup with parameters or a blank window.

you can also choose another method which I recommend starting from point 2c
Please pay attention to each word in the tutorial because it is written very carefully and should not cause additional questions

best regards
Sebastian

Last edited:
Success!

Thanks Sebastian!

I have just successfully downloaded my first TIFF, I think my confusion was due to a slight difference in the wording between the Polish and English Geoportal. It is named 'Based on pixel size' rather than referring to resolution and so it wasn't showing the green tiles for download as per your document without that ticked (the 'true orthophotos' tick box doesn't seem to show any tiles at all by the way).

I clicked the green 'I' icon at the top left and could then left-click on the tiles to bring up the WMS pop-up. Which resolution option should I download? There are several options here. You have specified RGB so I have downloaded the first RGB one from the list to test. I will await further instructions before I download the other tiles in case they are not the right format.

New-technique-for-generating-terrain.jpg

Kind regards,

Gary

RGB

Thanks Sebastian!

I have just successfully downloaded my first TIFF, I think my confusion was due to a slight difference in the wording between the Polish and English Geoportal. It is named 'Based on pixel size' rather than referring to resolution and so it wasn't showing the green tiles for download as per your document without that ticked (the 'true orthophotos' tick box doesn't seem to show any tiles at all by the way).

I clicked the green 'I' icon at the top left and could then left-click on the tiles to bring up the WMS pop-up. Which resolution option should I download? There are several options here. You have specified RGB so I have downloaded the first RGB one from the list to test. I will await further instructions before I download the other tiles in case they are not the right format.

New-technique-for-generating-terrain.jpg

Kind regards,

Gary

RGB only
The first RGB in advance is the newest, but of course all RGB's are correct if available.
I updated the tutorial paying attention to your comments

also try the second method starting from point 2c in the tutorial

I'm really glad
You write again when trouble comes

best regards
Sebastian

Last edited:
Hi Sebastian,

I have gone through the tutorial now up to point 5 but I don't have a copy of HOG. Do you know where I could get this?

Kind regards,

Gary

HOG

Hi,

Everything that is needed and without unnecessary garbage is prepared to work in a packed archive because there will be conversion and creation of a gnd file so that all files are together
HOG is in folder number 6

best regards
Sebastian

Last edited:
Back