Mistake of compressing route on trainz 22

I assume he selected "Compact Route". Never tried it myself.

You can get it back. Trainz keeps backups. I have managed to recover a corrupted route on a number of occasions, although I don't remember the exact steps. Do a search for 'recovering Trainz backups' and you should find the steps (its in the Trainz Wiki). If you have any probs let us know and we will work it out.

The Compact Route option is in the Tools menu, at the very bottom where it is less likely to be noticed (for good reason).

Like Phil, I have never tried it either.

It is a bit like the big red button labeled "DO NOT PRESS" on the nuclear missile launch panel at NORAD - to be used only in an emergency. It appeared many years and many Trainz versions ago and was meant to be a "nuke-it" option, a last ditch attempt, to fix certain problems that developed in very large routes.

Auran's advice back when it first appeared was always to leave it alone unless you enjoy pain - which Alberto is now experiencing. Its more sensible and far less painful alternative is to make regular backups.

Alberto, alcohol can help ease the pain.

Or like the button from "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy".... 'DO NOT PRESS THIS BUTTON AGAIN'. :D

In my experience you can use the built in Trainz backups to recover from such scenarios, although the process is more complicated than it should be.

Last edited:
Thank you all very much for your answer to my question, can't recover my backup because I deleted thr files from trs22 beta and installed trs22 premium :'( forgetting why trs22 does backups every so often. But not everything is lost, because I saved a CDP in April to have it as a backup, only the last thing I did in these months was lost, so it was not a total loss :)
Have a great game and good luck!

If nothing else, these sorts of disasters are great learning experiences.

You good humour is most welcome.

Back