Locomotive not moving?

Start the engine and then put the isolation switch set to "run"

for the other one you can not.

This was an attempt at adding startup and shutdown to locomotives many years ago. It failed for a major reason being the sound handling of the game, in addition the sound engine changed yet again with TRS2010 and introduced even more problems due to how the game handles the doppler effect. The idea was more or less abandoned but the ability to consume sand and fuel remained. I wrote all of this code and all I can tell you is that it does not work because of how the game handles things.

In the end: Do not run the locomotive out of fuel. You can use fuel and fill fuel, but if it ever shuts down as a result of no fuel, good luck getting it back on.

Start the engine and then put the isolation switch set to "run"

for the other one you can not.

This was an attempt at adding startup and shutdown to locomotives many years ago. It failed for a major reason being the sound handling of the game, in addition the sound engine changed yet again with TRS2010 and introduced even more problems due to how the game handles the doppler effect. The idea was more or less abandoned but the ability to consume sand and fuel remained. I wrote all of this code and all I can tell you is that it does not work because of how the game handles things.

In the end: Do not run the locomotive out of fuel. You can use fuel and fill fuel, but if it ever shuts down as a result of no fuel, good luck getting it back on.

I can't open the isolation switch, how do I open it?

Back