Can't uninstall because of false error message

hholdenaz

every time I try to uninstall TDS12, I get an error message saying it's out of memory.

but that's not true at all, THAT'S NOT TRUE AT ALL! The drive I have it installed on has 464 of 931 GB! that means it ISN'T out of memory!

Can somebody please tell me how to fix this glitch?

Your hard disk space and memory are 2 different things; if your PC is trying to do too many things at once, you will run out of memory which means the task cannot be performed. The hard disk space means you have plenty of room to install programmes onto but will have no bearing on the uninstallation.

How much memory do you have? You might see it under RAM and/or memory - best way to find out is to press the Windows key and then type dxdiag and press enter. If it asks to check your drivers, click yes and then let us know what the 'Memory' field shows on the first page.

Cheers,

PLP

From the contents of his timeline he is probably using a Mac, not a Windows PC.

This is true on a Mac as well. How much RAM and virtual memory will affect the operation, but adjusting that on a Mac is a different story.

Your hard disk space and memory are 2 different things; if your PC is trying to do too many things at once, you will run out of memory which means the task cannot be performed. The hard disk space means you have plenty of room to install programmes onto but will have no bearing on the uninstallation.

How much memory do you have? You might see it under RAM and/or memory - best way to find out is to press the Windows key and then type dxdiag and press enter. If it asks to check your drivers, click yes and then let us know what the 'Memory' field shows on the first page.

Cheers,

PLP

Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16176MB RAM

Back