When??

JAGG

Just an innocent question: when the gloss&shininess&bumps effect will be finally added for the legacy materials into the sim for bunch of great models not looking like dim dull matt velvet toys? TANE supported it so it seems, that E2 compatibility was resolved once already. Or was it political decision to remove it in TRS19?

Hi Jagg, the old materials I use, work fine in TRS19 and TRS22, though they act a little different
Example, if I use m.reflect and have 30% in TRS19 I would have to bring it down to 10% for TANE
so models from TANE you need to boost it a little to get the same reflection
The m.tbumpenv seem to act more alike in both versions

Then there is a huge difference for nightmode, in TANE it is way too bright and TRS19/22 more subtle

Thanks for the replay G.M. Your informations means that I could be wrong then, which would be more welcomed, than facing helpnessness watching those velvety toys. What about m.gloss? As for the nightmode, I have different experience with 100% white on self illumination making mesh still not bright enough in TANE.

I have written a little tutorial for nightmode/self illumination in gmax and older materials, it's in dutch, but maybe you can use translate in your browser
selfilumtutorial

I do not think N3V will put any more effort into making legacy materials in TRS19+ appear the same as they do in earlier editions of Trainz. They seem to be satisfied with the current approximations, even if many of us are not.

Back