Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006: Surveyor Driver Mode

FireLion12Yes

Hello All,

So sorry if this is the wrong category to post this but I have recently bought TRS2006 second hand from my local op-shop, and i installed it on my pc, with the correct cd key, and it worked. I decided to play the surveyor mode, and I loaded the route "British Midlands [0]". I spawned in the LNER A3 Flying Scotsman and i clicked on the Driver Mode button, and I clicked the save button and named it Britain. Nothing happened, it stayed in the surveyor mode, so I did Save As, and chose the option save as new session or something like that, then I tried to do driver mode, but the save option came up, so i clicked save and still named it Britain, and still, nothing happened, it still stayed in surveyor mode. Is there anything that I have done wrong or have i missed any steps, if so, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
FireLion12Yes

Does Driver work directly? If this is Win 10 or 11 it may be blocking the program from writing to the program folder. If Driver doesn't work then you may have to install DirectX 9.

Version 9, I'm not sure what version comes with Win 10 maybe 11 or 12 but Version 9 isn't installed. You will have to find it on Microsoft's site I guess and install it. Or use OpenGL in TRS2006 which is what I use to do. You choose that in the launcher.

Download DirectX 9.0c here:

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

Right-click on the exe and choose Run as Administrator.

Once installed:

Right-click on TRS2006 icon, choose Run as Administrator.

Under Trainz settings: Set the graphics to DirectX.

You need to run Content Manager Plus separately and not from the menu. Right-click and do the same as above.

There are issues with CMP, however, that will lock it up. This has to do with network differences in Windows 10 compared to Windows XP.

I installed it and used the DirectX setting, but the same thing happened, and i forgot to mention, when i try "Save As" and save it as a new route and session, without renaming it, it says "could not overwrite read only routes, try again using a different name" or something like that, is that the problem

Last edited:
Back