Thread: Trainz 2019 expires??

Default Trainz 2019 expires??

I am confused. I received this email today about Trainz 2022 and it says that I can keep it forever? What in the world does that mean? Is my version of 2019 going to quit working someday? Like my Trainz Model Railroad did???? Can someone please explain this to me? I thought that once I purchased something, it was mine to keep and use forever!

United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham

It just means that if you sign up for the membership for one year, you get TRS22 for free when the year is up. You can fix your TRM17 so it works again. Detailed instructions in the TRM17 forum.

Still confused. Sigh up for what membership? I thought that I was buying TRS2022? Exactly what am I purchasing and why would/should I purchase it?

Blog Entries

You can purchase TRS22 (currently a beta version with the full release in March), just like you purchased your copy of TRS19, and you can keep both for ever. TRS19 does not expire. The TRS22 you purchase will have the traditional (Classic) Surveyor 1.0 interface.

You can purchase an annual Trainz Plus subscription, or an annual Gold subscription, and you will receive Trainz Plus (currently in beta with all the features of TRS22) plus a full (non subscription) copy of TRS22 (beta) which you can keep even if you decide not to renew your annual subscription. Both the Trainz Plus and the TRS22 come with the new Surveyor 2.0 (S20) interface. If you do not renew your annual subscription then your copy of TRS22 will revert to the Surveyor 1.0 (Classic) interface and you will lose the S20 features. S20 is a feature of the subscription versions only.
    Development: Trainz Plus - b117092, Win 10, 16GB, RTX 3060Ti
    Testing: Trainz Plus - b117540, Win 11, 16GB, RTX 3050Ti

Thank you, pware....that helps a lot.

Before March 1st the 1 year subscription is cheaper than TRS22, and it includes a FCT.

Peter

United States of America, Florida, Crestview

???????????
    Maybe 19 will be the end of the line for me.
    Dell XPS8700 i5 cpu, Win10, 12G RAM, Asus GTX745 4G, HD 1T

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFudd View Post
    ???????????
    Why? ??????????

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFudd View Post
    Just move to the drivers cab at the other end of the train and off you go on another adventure.
    Development: Trainz Plus - b117092, Win 10, 16GB, RTX 3060Ti
    Testing: Trainz Plus - b117540, Win 11, 16GB, RTX 3050Ti

SuperFudd, it is just a promotion to give you access to additional content for a year. You can buy 22 outright just like any other version. I am waiting for a "platinum" version.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by autodctr View Post
    I am confused. I received this email today about Trainz 2022 and it says that I can keep it forever? What in the world does that mean? Is my version of 2019 going to quit working someday? Like my Trainz Model Railroad did???? Can someone please explain this to me? I thought that once I purchased something, it was mine to keep and use forever!
    Trainz Model Railway issue is fixable, just copy the certificates from TRS19 into the same place in TMR. Instructions here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...-working-again

TRS19 won't have any issues until maybe 2028 and only then if the Certificates haven't been updated which they probably will be or just transplant them from a newer version.
    Malc