tunnels using trainzmesh files

MikeBr

Hi,
I am trying to create a tunnel using fbx files generated by blender, but when I try to review the result I just get the attached track, no tunnel and no portals.
I have tried starting with an existing v4.2 tunnel and replacing the tunnel IM file with a fbx file. Again the replacement fbx file is not displayed even though the trainzmesk file is generated.
I am running TRS 2022 plus build 115985.
Is there a bug in TRS or is there something more I need to add to the config.txt file, apart from renaming the IM file as trainzmesh or do tunnel assets only work with IM files?
Regards
MikeBr

hi Mike,
Recently had to help a fellow content creator Olaf, he only has TANE
but works in Blender exporting via FBX
In higher versions of Trainz, after the .trainzmesh has been created, remove the FBX files from the kuid
then submit again
hope this helps GM

Try splitting up the tunnel mesh into smaller parts. Concave rounded meshes sometimes get their face normals flipped.

Hi,
For the tunnel component I used a flat plate mesh and amended tunnel.im to tunnel.trainzmesh
I tried deleting the fbx file after the trainzmesh file was created, still no tunnel.
I then looked at the trainzmesh file and found the plate was rendered on the correct side. I, previously, tried to flip the objects normals but the tunnel remained undrawn or invisible.
thanks anyway
MikeBr

Back