Full screen mode

Do you have that white space (at the bottom of your picture) on your monitor too? If so, then note that the SYSTEM taskbar is not at the bottom of the monitor screen so Windows might be the issue, not the game. The taskbar should be at the very bottom of your monitor (obviously.)

I cannot get full screen mode to work even though I checked the box on the launcher. I found settings on the in game menu but saw nothing there regarding screen resolution or mode.

I don't know 19, but in prior versions your screen resolution settings are found in OPTIONS or SETTINGS from the start screen.

:B~)

Thanks for the screenshot. I can see what the problem is from that.
If you view your Trainz Settings (General tab) dialog right now, it is NOT registering the detection of any monitor.
displaysettings.jpg

Here's a screenshot from mine, to show what is typically seen at the top of the 'General' tab.
It shows a monitor/ display device and then the selected resolution and default refresh rate. (In my case 1920 by 1080 @ 60 Hz). When Full Screen is deselected, then the display resolution is greyed out, but still shown.
Always use your monitor's recommended Default display resolution in this dialog and then set the desired VSync refresh rate after that (i.e. Half, Full, or None).
Even if you have set the checkbox for Full screen to OFF, you can still use ALT + ENTER to toggle to Fullscreen mode whilst in the game.

Try selecting a display type and then set the default res. for your monitor. If that cannot be done with your current installation, I'd suggest backing up your UserData folder and then deleting the T:ANE program files before reinstalling from your MyTrainz account. On set-up, make sure a display output device is detected.

Last edited:
Tried that. Eventually received reply from LG who recommend contact Microsoft.

Ridiculous. Once You would contact MS, I bet MS would recommend You to contact LG instead. Nowadays typical dirty ping-pong with customer.
Anyway, I recommend to install latest nVidia drivers and latest LG TV display drivers for Your OS.

Does anybody know if it is possible to edit the settings.dat file with the correct numbers so 4k will be an option or if there is some other file to edit?

Back