Two buttons do not do anything

screecher

There are two buttons that I found in the game that do not seem to do anything for me. That includes the Session Info button and the View Details button when Ctrl + right-clicking a loco. The Session Info button is supposed to change the time, the season, and the derailment mode (that's what I think). The view details button is to change some properties of the loco, like turning some headlights on, activating extra parts e.g. skyline casing, etc. without going to edit trains. What is causing this, and how can I make it appear?

The Session Info "button" (which is actually an option in the Windows Menu in Driver) does work. However, the session you are running must have already created messages, usually through the Message Popup Rule or from a HTML asset attached to the session, for them to appear. If the session does not use a HTML asset with messages or the Message Popup Rule or they have not yet been activated (e.g. by a track trigger) then nothing will appear.

The Session Info is an information display only, you cannot change anything. What you are probably thinking about is the Session Options window found in the same menu. This allows you to alter parameters such as the weather, derailment mode, time rate and (very inaccurately) the time of day.

The headlights are turned on/off or dimmed using the headlight icon in the tool bar at the bottom right of the Driver screen.

I don't know anything about "skyline casing" but the View Details option for a rolling stock asset will allow you to make some changes - depending on the asset and how its creator has setup its scripting (if any).

In the dialogue window that View Details opens there should be a link named Display Legacy View Details Window. Click on this to open the "legacy" (i.e. TRS19 and earlier) control window for that asset. There you should find any control options as added by the asset creator.

Last edited:
CTRL+Right-click works outside of the locomotive and not while you are in the cab. This is a known issue. Some locomotives have no parameters to set, therefore no options to display while others will allow you to start up, shutdown, check sand and even open and close doors.

The Session Info "button" (which is actually an option in the Windows Menu in Driver) does work. However, the session you are running must have already created messages, usually through the Message Popup Rule or from a HTML asset attached to the session, for them to appear. If the session does not use a HTML asset with messages or the Message Popup Rule or they have not yet been activated (e.g. by a track trigger) then nothing will appear.

The Session Info is an information display only, you cannot change anything. What you are probably thinking about is the Session Options window found in the same menu. This allows you to alter parameters such as the weather, derailment mode, time rate and (very inaccurately) the time of day.

The headlights are turned on/off or dimmed using the headlight icon in the tool bar at the bottom right of the Driver screen.

I don't know anything about "skyline casing" but the View Details option for a rolling stock asset will allow you to make some changes - depending on the asset and how its creator has setup its scripting (if any).

In the dialogue window that View Details opens there should be a link named Display Legacy View Details Window. Click on this to open the "legacy" (i.e. TRS19 and earlier) control window for that asset. There you should find any control options as added by the asset creator.
The View Details buttons don't do anything. What I mean by Skyline Casing is that NARM's OLD UP FEF Megapack had a feature in View Details where you can toggle parts on the loco. And I already know to turn on the headlights, the View Details box is just an alternative.

By "View Details button to show up" I am guessing that you mean the menu list that appears containing the option "View Details"?

This menu should not take multiple attempts to appear - assuming that you are holding down the Ctrl key while you click with the Right mouse button on the rolling stock item. The "View Details" option will appear at the top of its menu list. Releasing the Ctrl key and moving the mouse pointer onto the "View Details" option and clicking with the mouse Left button will always open the Details window even if it is empty - indicating that the item has no properties or controls.

By "View Details button to show up" I am guessing that you mean the menu list that appears containing the option "View Details"?

This menu should not take multiple attempts to appear - assuming that you are holding down the Ctrl key while you click with the Right mouse button on the rolling stock item. The "View Details" option will appear at the top of its menu list. Releasing the Ctrl key and moving the mouse pointer onto the "View Details" option and clicking with the mouse Left button will always open the Details window even if it is empty - indicating that the item has no properties or controls.
No, the Ctrl + right click menu did show up. Sorry if i was confusing, I meant the View Details MENU to show up

That is unusual.

One possibility that I could think of is are you using a Bluetooth or a Wifi Mouse? If so do you have a wired mouse that you could replace it with?

Is the View Details option the only menu option in Driver mode that is causing this issue? That possibility would have me stumped.

That is unusual.

One possibility that I could think of is are you using a Bluetooth or a Wifi Mouse? If so do you have a wired mouse that you could replace it with?

Is the View Details option the only menu option in Driver mode that is causing this issue? That possibility would have me stumped.
That sounds like a user error or hardware issue with the mouse-buttons.

Back