surveyor 2.0 not available in trs22

Thank you, Mac, I misunderstood that part, so, to be sure, I can use surveyor 2.0 with a monthly sub? I feel so dumb now....I blame my age for this.

Ron

so, to be sure, I can use surveyor 2.0 with a monthly sub? I feel so dumb now....I blame my age for this.

I have a monthly sub and my Trainz Plus (SP5 beta) includes Surveyor 2.0. My Trainz Plus (SP4) does not but it will when the SP5 update is released. And age only matters if you are a cheese ... or a fine red wine.

RW921.. just to be clear.. The "paid yearly" deal is a promotion. If you grab Plus and pay for a year you can get TS22 with all it's functions and then, if after the year is over, you quit the subscription you keep RS22. Normally if you quit a subscription the game goes away. So if you simply pay monthy your get all Plus features but if you quit any time you lose everything.

See the center column on following page for the ANNUAL deal. What they don't say there is that monthly sub is still available but you don't get to keep the app. Also see Trainz Membership FAQ's toward bottom of page.
https://store.trainzportal.com/pages/trainz-railroad-simulator-2022#purchase

I'll just try to clarify a little more as it is getting a little complex as we update various builds. In short, buying a product gets you a fixed set of features and content. A membership that includes Trainz Plus gets you regular content and feature updates.

You can buy versions of Trainz from the store (or Steam or Mac App Store etc). TRS19 for example was a product that was released in 2018. It has various built-in routes and DLC packages depending on which version you bought (Regional has less content, Platinum lots more content). Generally features do not change greatly in these versions but Service packs are released primarily to fix bugs.

Trainz Plus is the latest version of Trainz and includes additional features. It is updated regularly. The features and content available in your build are enabled based upon your MyTrainz username and your membership level.

There are times where the store version build number and Trainz Plus build number are the same. There are times where they are not. Again, it's your username and membership level that determines features and content

TRS19 SP5 will not have any new features and will not have a "Trainz Plus" mode (since it isn't the latest version available). It will therefore operate like TRS19 Platinum for Trainz Plus users.

TRS22 will be released in March (and you can get the beta right now). It has brand new content and several new features from Trainz Plus such as UDS, MPS (coming in January), new camera modes etc.

Trainz Plus users who update to the latest build (currently build 111985 ) get "Trainz Plus" features, which right now means Surveyor 2.0 and MPS. Then they'll get more new features will be included as time goes on.

Thank you all. I renewed my monthly Gold sub again and Tony, my apologies for saying 'I am pissed at N3V 'in my first post in this thread, It was uncalled for.

Ron

I think I'll wait to buy another Trainz product until Surveyor 2.0 becomes a built-in feature... need a major upgrade from T:ANE but I've no interest in a beta. That scrapbook feature is mouthwatering!!!

I think I'll wait to buy another Trainz product until Surveyor 2.0 becomes a built-in feature... need a major upgrade from T:ANE but I've no interest in a beta. That scrapbook feature is mouthwatering!!!
Trainz plus is at release candidate stage, once the last few bugs are squashed it will go live and you won't have to use a beta version again unless you choose to. Of course you can wait 2 years for Platinum 22 to launch and maybe, hopefully Surveyor 2 will be included in that edition. A year of plus is cheaper than the standalone TRS22. Plus gets about 3 updates to add new features per year.

Last edited:
I decided to buy TRS2022 after all! Even though it doesn't have S2.0, I'm really enjoying seeing these PBR textures and the turf effects stuff work. Sorry about the salty attitude.

Back