Beta update bug

so got a new update for ts19 about a day or two ago, and now the trainz asset updater gets stuck at a certain point, and won't continue, this a known bug?

The guys say that you need to wait 4-5 hours (it all depends on how much content you have installed, the amount). After 5-6 hours, the check will end.

unknown.png

If you click the triangle to the left of the green bar the window will expand and show you what is happening...

let it go all day, got an error message halfway through, integrity check error then it crashes at 75% complete

So, what was the crash?

Is it an assertion error?

Was it a crash to the desktop (CTD)?

Assertion errors can be by passed by hitting continue, after capturing a screen image of the error and posting it in a bug report.

the error said it was an integrity check error

When did it occur?

Was it an assertion error?

Did you quit the process, or did you continue?

I did get one during my DB rebuild, and sent it into the QA Team. The issue was content-related and I had a truly corrupted asset.

If you access the log from the Launcher you should be able to see what it's stuck on, I had one a few weeks ago where it was continuously trying to compile a faulty script in an asset over and over again, got stuck in a loop, deleting the asset solved the problem, I then after it had finished reinstalled the item and all was well, must have got corrupted somehow.

Back