Am i missing something here.

I agree 100%. Should not happen no matter where your settings are at.

Agreed.

See my post above. Why did the content-creator, or N3V for that matter, update the old textures? There was no thought about the implications of doing this when it comes to existing routes.

Totally agree, updating old textures to PBR was a horrendous mistake that causes all sorts of problems. The PBR textures should have had their own new KUIDS not use non PBR ones. That's a serious mistake and a PITA we could all do without, and should be fixed, but I bet that never happens.

Actually, the process has begun to fix the mistake. There are a few steps involved, but we're working on it.

An alternative workaround if you want a quicker fix is to clone the route and replace the TS09 non-PBR textures with PBR equivalents. (Bulk replace - done in a few minutes). You're even allowed to upload your clone to the DLS since it requires the original DLC route to be authorised.

The other implication of not using a new KUID is that routes that use these textures in older versions of trainz will find that the textures are now incompatible

The other implication of not using a new KUID is that routes that use these textures in older versions of trainz will find that the textures are now incompatible

Only if you manually install them. And installing an incompatible asset shouldn't prevent the compatible asset from being used. If you have a repro where you can install incompatible content that breaks things, please let me know the steps required and we'll fix it.

Back