Double Track

Jayco-man

How do I find out if I have track on top of track with out deleting and then adding back every piece which would be a pain? I thank that's what's causing my signaling not to work correctly. Do I need to put track direction markers and track markers is every section of track? :confused:

Last edited:
Try wireframe view (F9 key), without the distraction of ground textures you should be able to see superimposed track, though it would be so hard to lay that way I can't imagine it happening accidentally! And no and no to DMs and TMs. A more likely cause of malfunctioning signals is incorrect placement, or the wrong signal. A screenshot or two would be most helpful.....

Add a new track spline point to the track between two existing spline points. Drag the new spline point to one side, as the new spline point will only attach to one track any second track will be exposed. Use the 'Undo' (Ctrl Z) function to restore the track to its original position and remove the additional spline point before moving to the next track section and repeating the process. As 'Dermmy' wrote frequently a screenshot can be great help. Peter

Thanks for the help guys, because I'm really not having much fun here. I am not using catenary. here is a shot I took, my engine is at the light but I thank it should give me a green, next caution and next red, but as you can see i have yellow and after that all red. I can admit I have no idea what I'm
feFP4n.jpg
doing with signals. What I really need is someone who has skype and get on here with me and get me going in the right direction. The two tracks on the right are my east and west tracks, the other 3 tracks can be used both direction's. I do have track direction markers going both ways, if your can do that, I'm not sure.

Last edited:
That's pretty hard to see, but I think your signals might be in the wrong place, The train has to pass the signal, then the lever, then the diverging spline point, looks like your signals might be right on the lever. The other issue is that the last signal will be red because the end-of-track has no bumper, there has to be a bumper/buffer/track end (call it what you will) at the end of a siding to get the signal before the last junction to clear. Without a bumper the last signal in your shot will always be red, the one before it therefore will never be better than caution...

Your last comment could be an issue if you mean you have track direction markers going in opposite directions on the same track as it causes a conflict within AI. Peter

If recent comments still do not help you resolve this issue while I do not use Skype if you would care to private message me with an email address, I'd be happy to create a mock-up of these junctions, send it to you as a .cdp file and between us attempt to sort it. Peter

Thanks guys for the help, let me go see if I can go sort some of this out and Ill get back with you. So is the track direction markers just for the game and no matter the way you have them you can still take your train in any direction? Ill try relocating the signals, I just though they had to be on the switches for some reason.

Last edited:
This evening I did a mock-up of your track layout and have a loco traveling in the appropriate direction on each of the main lines and in both directions on all other tracks, passing back and forth through the relevant junctions and re-joining the main line and then traveling east maintaining the correct flow of traffic. However there must always be at least one signal (or buffer etc) ahead of the loco for it to plot its route and be able to proceed. Peter

Thanks peter for the info and the other, but before I start with that I've go to find out what I'm doing wrong. My blood pressure was up yesterday because after all the work and the help from you guys I had a lot more fixed, but when I get out of the session and go back to surveyor everything is gone and my track is all messed up, I have no idea what's going on. It cant be this hard to save something and have it there when you go back, so I must be doing something wrong but not sure what, Help.

When things go really wrong I tend to exit Trainz without saving anything, reboot the computer, start Trainz, go straight into Content Manager and do a database repair, then try again.

Don't forget Trainz does have its own backups the details of which can be found at:

https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Manage_Backups

After a couple of hours working on a route I also export the route together with its sessions as a .CDP file to a network hard drive, USB thumb/hard drive equally good, which takes a couple of minutes but Windows, Trainz, even the computer can crash, but I still have all those hours work. Peter

Referring to the image, The problem I see is There are no more signals along that track. So the signal in front of the loco is giving a yellow because the "end of track" is automatically red. If you're expecting the other lights to be green, you need to set the junctions for the train to travel there.

Last edited:
Back