Main Menu Question and Discovery

hert

Screenshot Creator
I just found out that you can click down and view your consists and it will appear as the opening environment on the main menu. As for my question how do you view a session/route description in the route/session selection screen. The info icon just gives me data info on the session but no description. Where the description used to be is now just DLC recommendations. Any help thanks

The route and session, with a consist, that you see on the opening Driver/Surveyor menu screen is a small (very small) route specifically constructed for that display only. I am assuming that it would be possible to use any existing route and session but I suspect that you would pay a significant time penalty as TRS19 would have to load in the entire route and session before it could be displayed. If the route is large then you may have to wait a long time for what possible benefit?

I would assume that the name of the existing display route/session is wired into the TRS19 code so you would have to swap its name with your chosen replacement - and that is a big set of assumptions on my part. I would tend to leave it alone.

The route and session, with a consist, that you see on the opening Driver/Surveyor menu screen is a small (very small) route specifically constructed for that display only. I am assuming that it would be possible to use any existing route and session but I suspect that you would pay a significant time penalty as TRS19 would have to load in the entire route and session before it could be displayed. If the route is large then you may have to wait a long time for what possible benefit?

I would assume that the name of the existing display route/session is wired into the TRS19 code so you would have to swap its name with your chosen replacement - and that is a big set of assumptions on my part. I would tend to leave it alone.

Guess I should clarify my question after the main menu, when you are selecting a route or session there used to be the description of it in the middle left of the screen. Now where that is, are recommendations to DLC content instead of the description. How or where do I click to view the route/session description?

Ahh, my mistake. Too many assumptions.

At the bottom of that same screen, below where it says Select A Route, click on one of the route thumbnails and its details (name, description, region, installed sessions, played sessions) should appear.

At the top of the screen there is a Search box. You can narrow down the number of displayed thumbnails by typing in the first few letters (or as many as you need) of a favourite or other route.

Back