York pre WW1 - Clifton Turntables

JackDownUnder

Clifton engine sheds consisting of three adjoining roundhouses in the shape of an L, each with twenty roads and a 45ft turntable. Opened early 1878. In 1891 the original No.2 shed turntable was replaced with a 50ft table and in 1911 two new electric 60ft turntables were ordered, one of which replaced the 45ft one in No.3 shed whilst the new one was fitted to the new No.4 shed authorized in 1911.This video provides a look at their operation.It should be noted that the turntables installed are 20m, (65ft) 36 road ones being those that are currently available in TRS2019.Just a hint when installing this turntable, ensure that the ground is all at the same height out to the extent of the add on 10 and 20 m roads.

Here is a video of a NER C7 being reversed at Clifton #2 turntable.

https://youtu.be/udWtuNrqv0Y

Last edited:
I try to remove them , if I remember, when they are added to a session timetable. Some need to be removed.
Also you will note that there is not a building around the TT's, same with York Station, they are there but this allows one to observe movements.
Thanks for sharing your video Jack. My word that's a lot of engines in your MPD.

I try to remove them , if I remember, when they are added to a session timetable. Some need to be removed.
Also you will note that there is not a building around the TT's, same with York Station, they are there but this allows one to observe movements.
I thought you might have done something clever like that Jack.

Back