PropertyBrowserRefresh Error Message

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
Hi all,

I'm getting the following error in TRS19, build 106618.

It's appearing both in Surveyor when you click on rolling stock properties and also in the game's settings menu, as seen below.

I only updated to 106618 yesterday and I've had this issue ever since; has anyone else encountered this? I can't seem to find anything on the forums apart from others saying they have encountered this issue but no one seems to have knowledge of a fix.

sIki076.png

Cheers,

PLP

Delete contents of Cache/Library and Cache/Internet folders and run a DBR. Folder is in your Local data folder, path as shown in launcher settings.

It's probably still loading the old Superscript library from the cache.

Hi clam,

I did as you suggested but unfortunately I'm still getting the same error.

I'm not sure what else I can do, it only occurred after upgrading to the latest build.

Cheers,

PLP

Are you getting the same on all the M7s? And what build are you on at present?

There are issues with Superscript which is gradually becoming incompatible with various functions however this doesn't seem to be one of them as is OK here, getting the full range of settings and they are all working.

Another thought if you have any non builtin versions of superscript delete them, can't do a lot about builtins though.

I only upgraded to the latest build as that wa suggested as a fix to the M7s. Now I've done that the M7s are showing as error free but the superscript for all locos and rolling stock, as well as the in game menus, is now broken.

Any time I click on Edit Properties that error message shows up, which I thought may be asset specific but even the settings menu is affected so I have a feeling its an issue with the install. Multiple DBRs have failed to fix it so I have an awful feeling I'll have to reinstall it from scratch...

Cheers,

PLP

Last shot before reinstalling, the Extended Data Base repair which may take a longish time, that's hold down the Ctrl key when clicking on Rebuild Database.

Alas, nothing.

Looks like a reinstall is on the cards - wish me luck everyone, if past attempts are anything to go by I'll lose everything I have so I'm backing up everything!

Cheer,

PLP

Alas, nothing.

Looks like a reinstall is on the cards - wish me luck everyone, if past attempts are anything to go by I'll lose everything I have so I'm backing up everything!

Cheer,

PLP

Good luck with your reinstall.

I recommend putting your data elsewhere outside of the usual App Data location which is too awkward to work with. If you have a second hard drive, put it there. I put mine in a folder called TRS2019_DATA on my E: drive. Yes, it's all caps for a reason! :)

It's easy too. Copy your current data-folder to the new location then rename the folder. Done!

Once done, delete the program. You can't uninstall because the patches break the install info.

Reinstall.
Use the defaults and let the program do its thing.
Let the installer create a default folder. (we don't care what it is because we won't be using it).

Once all is done and happy, start up the program and at the Launcher, choose Install tab.
Browse to the new folder where you put your data by clicking on the ... on the right to browse.
Select your data folder.

Trainz will do a quick DBR type thing and want to restart.
Restart again.
Go into settings and check that your username and password are there.

If so, you're all set and good to go.

I use this method too for setting up test versions. It beats needing to download a gazillion DLC assets due that being so slow and painful and finding all the bits and pieces from a previous installation.

Back