crazy ghost in the machine problem

Dark_Stormyx

While working in surveyor to create a session I added 2 "objective add" rules. these had list of things to do for the engineer. I went to change some wording in the rule and although it shows it changed when I goto quick drive the old list is still there no matter what I do.
I've gone so far as completely deleting the entire rule and yet when i drive the session the list is still there, even though it does not show up in the rule list....This is crazy! it would be like deleting a game from your computer and yet still being able to play it. I've checked the layers and all but the session is locked.
I have even downloaded the copy with the rule change to CDP, removed it from the content page and replaced it from CDP, yet the old list still shows up. I'm at a complete loss to explain this.

Try a database repair and see if that cleans that up. Sometimes information is cached and that doesn't seem to clear without running a database repair. If the quick repair doesn't work, try and Extended Database Repair (EDR) by depressing the CTRL key while clicking on Repair Database.

Nothing worked, database repair, extended repair. This is insane how do I remove something that seems to have burned itself permanently into the cache.
God there are so many flaws in this game.

I just tried another extended repair and full shut down and restart of my computer and the old list still shows up, 3 days of work completely ruined. How can I clear this from the cache, Its like this game has a mind of its own.

You could try deleting the cache folder and everything in it. Its found in you userdata folders. Find this location from the Launcher window on the install tab.

You could try deleting the cache folder and everything in it. Its found in you userdata folders. Find this location from the Launcher window on the install tab.

I started over from scratch, Not sure i want to take a chance with messing around deleting files. There is so many unknown bugs and problems in this game that I could end up wiping out everything i've done and downloaded....AGAIN!

Now for a dumb question arriving a bit late... Did you have two versions of this session? You put the rule into both, but deleted it from only one and then opened up the one that still had the rule in it.

Now for a dumb question arriving a bit late... Did you have two versions of this session? You put the rule into both, but deleted it from only one and then opened up the one that still had the rule in it.

No only one version. I even went so far as to copy it to CDP and delete it in content manager, then reinstall it. still shows the old list even if I remove the rule completely. one of the crazies things I've ever seen on a computer.

No only one version. I even went so far as to copy it to CDP and delete it in content manager, then reinstall it. still shows the old list even if I remove the rule completely. one of the crazies things I've ever seen on a computer.

That definitely is weird.

But... another thought and I ran into this before.

Are you sure you removed the correct rule?

There maybe a couple of versions of the same thing by two or more people. The name is the same, but the Kuids are different. The only way to find this is to check in content manager. To help you do this, configure all the columns. Right click on the columns bar and add in all of them by checking. You can resize and shift them around to make the columns fit. I setup mine like I had them in TS12.

Like this:

Type, Status, Asset ID, Name, Build Version, File Size, Author Username, Modification Date, Installation Date, Upload Date.

Clicking on any one of these column headers will sort ascending or descending. You can then search for the rule name and see what comes up.

If worse comes to worse, you can delete the rule, barring it's not built-in or comes from DLC, and then open the session and run the Delete Missing Assets utility to clean things up.

There maybe a couple of versions of the same thing by two or more people. The name is the same, but the Kuids are different. The only way to find this is to check in content manager. To help you do this, configure all the columns. Right click on the columns bar and add in all of them by checking. You can resize and shift them around to make the columns fit. I setup mine like I had them in TS12.

Like this:

Type, Status, Asset ID, Name, Build Version, File Size, Author Username, Modification Date, Installation Date, Upload Date.

Clicking on any one of these column headers will sort ascending or descending. You can then search for the rule name and see what comes up.

If worse comes to worse, you can delete the rule, barring it's not built-in or comes from DLC, and then open the session and run the Delete Missing Assets utility to clean things up.

I'm making a session for a route that I created, so there is no one else involved. The session i'm building is very basic as i'm just learning how.
If I delete the rule in the session and jump to quick drive it still shows up on the screen when i run the session.

Like this:

I just opened it for editing in explorer, scrolled down the config file and found the "new" list on the rule i changed. closed it, went back to the game loaded it and the "old"list is still there on the screen. I think i'm going insane, how is this possible?

I went in again and tried submit editing, new list is in the config, old list still shows in the game.

Last edited:
Provide the KUID and name of the rule. I'll take a look at it.

I haven't uploaded the route or session, not really sure how, have never tried to do it.
As for the rule its the "Objective Add" it's a pretty simple rule with a place for a custom script.

I haven't uploaded the route or session, not really sure how, have never tried to do it.
As for the rule its the "Objective Add" it's a pretty simple rule with a place for a custom script.

No not the route. Just the rule. Kuid.

NVM found it. It's built-in so it can't be deleted which I was going to suggest.

Did you use the other related, perhaps child-rules, Objective Check, and Objective Update?

These are needed in order to make the Objective Add work.

My recommendation is to contact the helpdesk.

http://support.trainzportal.com/

Unless someone else can help you.

Last edited:
No not the route. Just the rule. Kuid.

NVM found it. It's built-in so it can't be deleted which I was going to suggest.

Did you use the other related, perhaps child-rules, Objective Check, and Objective Update?

These are needed in order to make the Objective Add work.

My recommendation is to contact the helpdesk.

http://support.trainzportal.com/

Unless someone else can help you.

I have used the "objective update" rule also.

I have started over and have made good progress without any other problems, I'll just delete the old broken session. I'm still fascinated as to how this could happen.
Thank you very much for your help, it's definitely appreciated.

Back