How can I include game UI in screenshots?

Nethog61

I noticed that when you take a screenshot the game UI is automatically hidden. Is there any way to include the game overlay? I want to submit an issue to a route developer. It seems silly to have to use my smartphone to take a photo of my monitor!:)

Use a build in Windows tool like Snap-it (not 100% sure about the name as I am posting this from my phone).

Use the built-in Windows 10 screenshot hotkeys - [Windows Key + Shift + S] - and then drag the mouse cursor over the entire area you wish to capture. This will include the UI etc. Paste the result into the image editor of your choice and name the file.
Example:
screenshot.jpg

Last edited:
Or you can use software like MSI Afterburner and set up any key you want to capture the active screen and automatically write the file in the format you chosed.

Last edited:
Generally, in Windows, pressing the PrintScrn key will pop a screenshot of the *entire* desktop into the clipboard which is then available to paste into any graphics application or office application.

Pressing Alt-PrintScrn will do the same but will only capture the current active window which can be a full-screen application, a windowed application or even just a dialog box - whatever is current, active and on top.

Back