How do I add the "Easy or simple" drive mode to the 4-4-0 & 4-6-0 30in gauge locos?

How do I add the "Easy or simple" drive mode to the 4-4-0 & 4-6-0 30in gauge locos?

I have found Philskene's and Subpars 4-4-0 & 4-6-0 30in gauge locos but they do not work in easy or simply drive mode which I use all the time, they only run in the realistic mode.

Is there anyway I can make these engines run in simple mode also ? I don't care if the engines specs have to be changed.

Any help you can give me will be greatly apricated.
Dave

Ben like Phil has an aversion to DCC and many of his eng files effectively had zero capabilities in DCC. I remember many years ago having to modify the to get them to work. Looking at the eng files for the 4-4-0 and the 4-6-0 I see he has a note in there telling you how to modify the config file to make it work in DCC.

John
Thanks again I got it to work finally. The problem was that the last four items to be changed required decimal numbers so I didn't change them and it still worked.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]30 inch gauge 4-6-0[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Made for cab mode only in TRS2004 and TRS2006. To be driven by the player, only. For those who just can't get their heads around cab mode:
maxspeed 19.683 orig = 0
max-accel 250 orig = 0
max-decel 1500 orig = 0[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]
piston-volume-min = Coarse speed setting orig = 2.52
piston-volume-max = Economy orig = 45.382999
boiler-to-piston-flow = Acceleration orig = 0.00203
piston-to-atmosphere-flow = Fine speed setting orig = 0.00203

Thanks again I like to look the route over while I'm driving and the realistic mode requires too much attention to driving.

Dave
[/FONT]

John, Dave --

Did I actually leave a note about DCC? Damn -- I am getting old 'cause I have absolutely no recollection of that.

Anyway, all the locomotives I have up on the Download Station use one of only two engine specifications -- one for "normal" locomotives and the other for super power. So once you do the editing it will apply to all those locomotives.

Dave --

DDC Mode? Better not apply for a position under The Dispatcher. He only wants real men on his lines, ones who drive exclusively in Cab Mode.

Glad you have sorted things out,
Phil

DDC Mode? Better not apply for a position under The Dispatcher. He only wants real men on his lines, ones who drive exclusively in Cab Mode.

More than a bit ironic, no? Considering you make model railroads in Trainz. :) I'd like to see what you would do with a small 'real world' route with similar quality someday. I'm fairly confident you've done some in the past, but the last post I saw regarding such a route was talking about converting an older one to model-form in it's update to modern standards.

cobble --

Good point, but someone said words like "It's very disconcerting seeing what is obviously a real railroad operating in somebody's basement." On that basis perhaps Cab Mode is OK on my model railroads?

A "real world route". Have you tried my Rivercide? Just noticed, though, you haven't made the leap to TRS19.

Phil

cobble --

Good point, but someone said words like "It's very disconcerting seeing what is obviously a real railroad operating in somebody's basement." On that basis perhaps Cab Mode is OK on my model railroads?

A "real world route". Have you tried my Rivercide? Just noticed, though, you haven't made the leap to TRS19.

Phil

Nope, still rejecting 2019 in my 'highly effective, one-man protest' of the Kickstarted T:ANE fiasco and their lies about subscriptions in '19 being limited to multiplayer surveyor (Won't field any comments saying they didn't. I'm not going to attempt to look the posts up especially considering the amounts of criticizing posts they deleted during the early days of T:ANE, doubt 19 would be different).

That being said, if I can get my new PC built before their free trials run out I will definitely take a look at your Riverside route during that time, thanks!

You can relax Phil. It was Ben who added the note for those of us who come from the model railway fraternity and are not interested in pretending to be real steam engine drivers and having to go home at the end of the day to bathe in a tin bath in the kitchen!

Phil
"
DDC Mode? Better not apply for a position under The Dispatcher. He only wants real men on his lines, ones who drive exclusively in Cab Mode."

This reminds me of my wife she is always asking me if I'm a man or a mouse. squeak up. LOL

Keep up the good work I love having to use a shay to get up the switch back in your Yuan Gulch special route
Dave

Back