Is there a way to find the numbers on signals?

All the signals around the GTHA have a number below the signal. However while I can find certain signals numbers, some are either obscured or far from Google street view. Is there any software to find signal numbers?

You know if I can figure out where I have it buried in my tons of boxes I could find all the Southern Ontario signal maps for CN. Not sure what changed in recent times but I believe the only replacements were of existing signals from searchlight to LED color lights on the Oakville. Newer stuff such as what is on Newmarket and the changes with fly unders etc. I may not have covered.

I don't think the website (can't remember the name but it shows all the rail lines in Canada or North America with mileage, etc. might have it). I think it was something to do with rail safety or something. Are you in a rush to find it? I'll be digging into it soon enough as I develop Niagara further.

Thanks

Sean

Apparently the numbers on CROR signals indicates the milepost, (ex, mile 14.2, signal number would be 142, if there are two tracks it would be like 142T1 or 142-1.) I have a map with all the mileposts so I now know what the numbers are.

No I haven't really looked. Keep in minds odds go one direction and even the other. You may also see the letter N or S for north and south track. 220N is a signal used out of Port Robinson heading to Fort Erie.

I can't remember the website to be honest haven't looked. But if I come up with Ontario signal charts I'll let you know. I might be able to scan some off. Some are dated but they aren't too old.

Thanks

Sean

OK I was wrong this is what I was likely thinking

https://rac.jmaponline.net/canadianrailatlas/

At the very least it gets you down to the milepost. Again odd goes 1 way and even the next. Try and find a grade crossing near a signal and go into street view. That should confirm odd or even. If it is like train numbers then WB and NB would be odd but that may not be the case.

Though 134N & 134S are indeed the EB signals at Third Street on the Grimsby Sub in St. Catharines. I forget what is on the other side of these but it's easy to check. I would assume 133N & 133S since that is closer to Niagara Falls.

Thanks

Sean

Yeah I guess we will have to find a way here in Canada. Looks like the odd even relationship works as I predicted just like train numbers. Now the question is does it always start with the lower number first odd then even? I'll have to check out some signals in the area to see if there is a pattern. If you find anything else let me know.

Thanks

Sean

But there is one major issue, Union Station. The barrage of tracks and switches and the fact that the signals are controlled by the Cherry, Scott and John Street Towers. It would be really hard to find all the numbers on those signals.

Employee timetable is another idea. Track charts if you can get them. I'll try to find what I can when I dig them out but I don't know where they are.

Thanks

Sean

Employee timetable is another idea. Track charts if you can get them. I'll try to find what I can when I dig them out but I don't know where they are.

Thanks

Sean

It does not even matter now as the grahamsea dwarfs don't have number plates.

Plus, the issue is that ever since the vaders came there have been some differences on the weston sub and a major difference is that before 2014 after Concord the Newmarket Sub was OCS. But now there are vaders there, but I am not using vaders on my route, as it is more protolance.

BTW I actually opened up his other zip file. He has vaders for CSX but I'm not a big fan of them. I was hoping to find some 3-3-1 or 3-2-1 configurations but they didn't show in his package. The other thing about CSX is unlike Canada their intermediates are different. If anyone has that package and knows of some other vaders please let us know. For now I think I'm going to wind up protolancing the Grimsby Sub when I get to it to searchlights. CP uses UCOR and might be an option but I haven't checked his package on that. He has pretty much every rule or railroad out there. BNSF, UP, UCOR, B&O, etc. I'm missing about half a dozen others as well. They also appear to be compatible with CROR which is what I was after.

Thanks

Sean

BTW I actually opened up his other zip file. He has vaders for CSX but I'm not a big fan of them. I was hoping to find some 3-3-1 or 3-2-1 configurations but they didn't show in his package. The other thing about CSX is unlike Canada their intermediates are different. If anyone has that package and knows of some other vaders please let us know. For now I think I'm going to wind up protolancing the Grimsby Sub when I get to it to searchlights. CP uses UCOR and might be an option but I haven't checked his package on that. He has pretty much every rule or railroad out there. BNSF, UP, UCOR, B&O, etc. I'm missing about half a dozen others as well. They also appear to be compatible with CROR which is what I was after.

Thanks

Sean

Where did you find them?

Back