CMTM work around 2019 and tane

JBaxter1964,
Thanks for the link. I'd actually been digging through it for a while now, and some of it is sinking in. :confused:

My main hope was that routes that DAP had already created for CMTM might be resurrected, as he really put a lot of work into making them. The heavy lifting was already done, but problems with QuickDrive v2 and the faulty dependencies within that QuickDrive, as well as some timing-out fault that stopped the portals from delivering consists seem to have doomed his routes, without a fix. That's a real shame because his routes are really well designed and simulate a 1914 NY port (Jay Street), a terminal (Portland Terminal) and a main switching industrial area (Long Island) very nicely.

Heinrich505
Actually, Quick Drive (in any version) cannot be use anymore in conjunction with CMTM and Pguy's assets, at least in TRS19 IIRC. My brain is fried from work today, but I will try and go back and find the threads that detail the shift away from Quick Drive. I just opened my working CMTM sessions from TRS19 and none of them use Quick Drive anymore. I just need to remember the set of threads that talk about Quick Drive no longer being supported, and that detail changes made to the current assets to get CMTM working again. The old sessions will need to be updated to remove Quick Drive assets. It works on my machine, and it should work for yours.

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion it must have been an earlier version of Trainz that I was able to run the 5 days on Portland Terminal. Some time ago I divided the session and made 5 daily sessions from it. The daily consist that was supposed to come out of the portal I placed on the track in front of the portal. I can't say for sure how that worked out.

Rob

So today I switched from CMTM3 to CMTM4 Without any issues. I also got Portland Terminal to work, you can just remove QuickDrive rule v2 and replace it with QuickDrive rule.

Hey Sean how's it going I was part of your RTS server back in the day for run 8 I was also part of Dams server with Ralph, Justin and Josh

Going good thanks. Yeah I still haven't applied CMTM4 just yet, but I'm getting eager on operating. This expansion and route building gets boring after a while :)

Thanks

Sean

finally i try a few hours to get my feet wet on CMTM4 but as usual with trainz there are always revolving doors that hit you right in the bum or simply not let you get in.
<kuid2:61392:4010:4>global consist library v2 is faulty and the other rules needed have the usual warning of version lower than 3.5 will be a problem soon.
Any guidance how to get the faulty global cow of the ice?
No more question until i have no faulties to get started..excited and very curious indeed for a long long time.

Roy

finally i try a few hours to get my feet wet on CMTM4 but as usual with trainz there are always revolving doors that hit you right in the bum or simply not let you get in.
<kuid2:61392:4010:4>global consist library v2 is faulty and the other rules needed have the usual warning of version lower than 3.5 will be a problem soon.
Any guidance how to get the faulty global cow of the ice?
No more question until i have no faulties to get started..excited and very curious indeed for a long long time.

Roy

Hi Roy,

You need Global Consist Library Standard Edition. V2 and V3 cause errors in T:ANE and up.

thanks John,

that makes sense but now its for tomorrow to give things a little snoop peek and try perhaps.

ooops i look for it on the dls but only see the v2 available. no standard edition download station.

Last edited:
Standard edition comes base in the game.

Let me know how you make out! I was thinking of getting my feet wet in this as well.

Thanks

Sean

Disregard that I'm not sure what can be used. I was thinking of Quick Drive V1. If it's pointing to V2 and that is the issue, I think you can correct it by modifying what it points to?

Is that correct guys? Again let me know as I'm getting closer of trying this out.

Thanks

Sean

To all cmtm lovers yes i try to get an idea of what is heading towards me so getting my feet wet i ment just carefully put my toes in the icy waters.:hehe:

The mean reason i waited so long was my mountain routes not fit extremely well for CMTM only for go thru traffic and a few dozens industries and warehouses along the route.
But when soon Calgary come into play the game will change a lot as there i have dozens and dozens of industries,warehouses, etc to serve and the large yards would fit extremely well into lots of shunting and building new consists.
Once this works Vancouver,greater Vancouver will be finished and than we have two main cities we can fidle around for days,weeks to come.
BTW its prototypical, the routes, and I try the same approach for the local industries etc.
enough said.

Last edited:
Back