Making schedules

Is there a way to make schedules and make them selectable? For example If I have a coal train schedule and I want to change out locos and want to have to new loco run the same schedule.

Unfortunately this doesn't work because the schedule is assigned to the train and not the driver. You could try using an invisible locomotive (if there are any) and assign your driver schedule to that. Then you can couple whatever locomotive on the front and it won't matter. Just remember not to drive the consist without the locomotives because it'll look pretty funny with a string of boxcars driving themselves down the tracks. :hehe:

That's unfortunate because I wanted to do a Loco change and repeat the schedule. I guess I'll have to make identical schedules for locos then.

It is unfortunate.

I setup a scenario where I pull a road freight into a yard, send the drivers to the engine terminal and wait for a long time like an hour or so. When I'm done switching out the cars, I instruct the AI driver to then couple on to the new front of the consist, and remove the wait command so the driver follows through with the commands and drives away. I know it's not the same as you would like to acomplish.

Hi

Add the 'Schedule Library' rule (built in) to the session and create your schedules in that. You can then copy the required schedule into any loco schedule by using the driver command 'Copy Commands From' (also built in).

Regards

Brian

It is unfortunate.

I setup a scenario where I pull a road freight into a yard, send the drivers to the engine terminal and wait for a long time like an hour or so. When I'm done switching out the cars, I instruct the AI driver to then couple on to the new front of the consist, and remove the wait command so the driver follows through with the commands and drives away. I know it's not the same as you would like to acomplish.

In your situation you could use the post message and wait for message and clear commands.
Uncouple and drive to shed
wait for message and clear Alistair 1
Couple at TM (TM placed on same track as consist)

The last engine used for switching then uses post message Alistair completed 1. Post message can be put in any engine to activate the wait for message. This means it is not time related only job related. Put a time before the wait for message and if it is not completed it will still wait until it is.

That is the schedule rule not the schedule library. Add schedule library to your edit session then edit it. Add a schedule and give it a name and then add driver commands from the point that the loco arrives. Wait 10 seconds, uncouple, drive to shed plus the rest of the commands you want. After the destination command insert driver command, copy commands from, insert, library and select the schedule name.

Last edited:
Hi

Add the 'Schedule Library' rule (built in) to the session and create your schedules in that. You can then copy the required schedule into any loco schedule by using the driver command 'Copy Commands From' (also built in).

Regards

Brian
Where do I find that? I installed the cdp from the DLS and it doesn't come up in the edit session screen when I try to add a rule

Where do I find that? I installed the cdp from the DLS and it doesn't come up in the edit session screen when I try to add a rule

The Schedule Library is a rule you add to the session.

When adding the Schedule Library, go to the Driver Commands and add in Copy Commands from because that's the second component needed to run this. You find the command in the list and put a checkbox next to it.

Once added...

Open up the Schedule Library and add in your driver commands. You can save each setup with a specific name. As Brian mentioned, this will work in this scenario (I forgot about this) where you give a driver one set of commands, he stops, you switch out engines, and you assign another set of commands for the rest of the trip. We're actually getting ahead of ourselves here.

Anyway... Setup the commands you want your driver to follow in the Schedule Library. Save each schedule with a name. You can group them if you want to make it easier for viewing in the Schedule Library.

Now in Driver setup, or in Driver its self, you put in Copy Commands From... on the driver command bar. You choose Insert Schedule from Library. (Never use append because weird things happen). A list opens up with the schedules you created as named so you choose the one you want.

You'll see a copy machine with a woman standing over it. It may not appear as much, but when you start up your driver session, the command expands out like one of those tiny sponges we used to get from the gas company, and all the commands you put in the Schedule Library come spilling out.

The good thing is you can edit these commands on the fly should you have to during the driving session. This won't impact your saved ones, but if you discover a bug, you can then edit the original in the Schedule Library.

What is really cool is if you have a lot of drivers that follow the same schedule, you can apply the same schedule to all the drivers, and should you update the library, this applies to all the drivers.

Back