Wagon turntables - help please

gibbousmonkey

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to get a wagon turntable to operate. However, the two red arrows simply will not rotate it!

I have another loco-sized turntable in my goods yard, and this works fine...so at least I know that I am at least trying to operate it correctly :)

I'm using TANE on a Mac, SP3

The asset I'm trying is "Wagon Turntable2", by Magandy.

Magandy did note that the red arrows are problematic, but stated that it's best to operate the turntable via the "Turntable Camera"

However, I cannot figure out how to use/access the turntable camera...Is this something that isn't available in TANE??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Some turntables need you to be directly overhead when clicking the arrows, especially when close to each other.

OK I downloaded this and had a hard time to get it to work but once I did it worked great. You need to look at it little bit above track level with one of the arrows directly behind the other. Once the arrows stay in site go for it.

OK I downloaded this and had a hard time to get it to work but once I did it worked great. You need to look at it little bit above track level with one of the arrows directly behind the other. Once the arrows stay in site go for it.

Thank you so much. I've got it cracked now....It's a bit fiddly at first, but once you get the hang of it, it works well.

Really appreciate you taking the time to play around with that.

Cheers. :)

Hi,

The only one I have gotten to work is the C+ TA TT2 Wagon Turntable by Itareus.

Bob Morrison

Thanks, Bob.

I've now managed to get several of the wagon turntables to work, using the method described by Lewiscc65 (See above post).

The one that best suited my needs was "Wagon turntable with MP wooden track", by tlblade (on DL site). They are a bit fiddly, but it seems that once you get the knack of how to activate them, they do work fine.

All the best

Barrie

You could also get AI to do it for you. I place a small piece of invisible track near the turntable with male pedestrian (cat locomotive) on it. I give it the move turntable command and a wait for message and clear command. I can then use post message to activate the turntable.

Back