Work in progress from the new route

colinknapp

IOWSR Shunter/Guard
https://scontent.fltn1-1.fna.fbcdn....=8e06b91eb8a107c2f99075a3ec88408f&oe=5EBB73A0

Hi All... this is the first image being released from my new route,
currently tracks are laid between: Waterloo and New Malden, New Malden and Twickenham (via Kingston), Wimbledon and Clapham Jct (via East Putney), Clapham Jct and Victoria
gradients are laid between Waterloo and Wimbledon
Signalling is installed between Waterloo and Clapham Jct "A", as well as Nine Elms South, Nine Elms North, Nine Elms North Viaduct & Nine Elms South Viaduct
Scenics are at an early stage with the most work done around Waterloo itself

https://scontent.fltn1-1.fna.fbcdn....=b6de9478ddd95f203f8ac8771eb673fd&oe=5EBB6AA1

one question i have is that... when approaching Waterloo the signalling steps down from 4 Aspect to 3 Aspect... what i've been finding is that as i approach Waterloo i recieve a Green aspect on the last 4 Aspect Signal, then go straight to a single yellow on the 1st 3 Aspect Signal, then down to red... why isn't the last 4 Aspect showing a double yellow?

Last edited:
Unfortunately you are at the mercy of Trainz AI and while I agree the sequence of signals should be as you say what is impossible to see however is the precise path AI is looking at. The buffers at Waterloo equates to a red signal, to investigate it manually drive a train say from Clapham Junction to Waterloo one signal, one set of points at a time then view the following signals until they go out of the normal expected sequence. Then move the train back before the signal/points where it appeared to go wrong and manually follow the set path from that point to wherever it leads. Again move the train forward that one signal or set of points to where it seemed to go wrong and again follow the set path. It is likely something has changed which may allow you to resolve the issue.

It sounds an interesting project a route I have travelled hundreds of time from home via Salisbury, Basingstock, and Woking. I was last there two weeks ago during shut-down for a medical appointment having a carriage to myself on an eight carriage train in both directions. The staff on Waterloo station outnumbered the passengers likely 5 to 1. I look forward, I'm sure with others to see it develop, have you chosen a particular era to model, its quite some time since I've seen a steam locomotive there or in fact such a clear view of Big Ben from the platform. Peter

I recently finalised and uploaded the Southern Region Brighton Line taking in a part of Victoria station. Whilst not completely prototypical it was close enough for me.
First question is are you using 'bloodnok's' signals?
I use this 2 aspect terminating signal as the last one before buffer signal. I did not find 4 aspect at station entrance was needed. <kuid2:60850:24174:13> Sig 2AT BR Post Elec LHS This might work as you wish it to, specifically for terminating train.
Bloodnok's signals also work well with Modelock Feather and Theatre configuration.

This is also a useful signal for call on to platform if occupied <kuid2:195134:100138:13> Sig 2AH BR Post Std LHS sub by davidbird
I use it in conjunction with <kuid2:209453:99980:1> Permissive Trigger (UK) by saxham_market for greater control.

Might worth looking them up, all on the DLS.
Cheers,
Val.

Hi all

Yes i'm a guard on the route, and it has been quiet

the era is somewhere in the 1950s-1960s it varies a little depending on which version of the signal box diagram i have a copy of... Waterloo still has its Signal Box, Nine Elms is still around, Clapham Jct has lost platform 1

Bloodnoks signals are definetly the backbone of the signalling
those 2ATs seem to have solved a lot of my problems so thanks for recommending those

recently a lot of work has been taking place around Latchmere Jct, Longhedge Jct, Factory Jct and Victoria, getting the trackwork and signalling in place, but i seem to have encountered a new problem with the interlocking towers, for some reson its not setting routes through the interlocking and i can't figure out why, the routes are all there, they just won't clear through, not sure how to fix it, beginning to think interlockings are more trouble than there worth, and might have to switch to an alternative method, i whats even stranger is that they worked previously...

When there is a red signal showing when there is a buffer at the end, I add an invisible signal that shows yellow.
Cheers,
Mike

good news is that i think i've managed to work around my interlocking issue through liberal use of the set-it command, and successfully ran a regular service on the local lines between Clapham and Waterloo (and back)

https://scontent.fltn1-1.fna.fbcdn....=2c8341badc97d8f475fd1b3ded652ac9&oe=5EC9405A

Waterloo seen from above

https://scontent.fltn1-2.fna.fbcdn....=7445666ef458de8df960adb2ae81b491&oe=5EC8FFE9

the latest track map

https://scontent.fltn1-2.fna.fbcdn....=566827e74200310a07dc09f07fc12052&oe=5EC8B02C

looking down from above Factory Jct, with West London Jct towards the left and Queens Road Signal box near the centre

now that my issues are for the moment sorted i can go back to working on the Victoria - Clapham Jct Section

This is probably getting ahead of the ball a bit, but I have been beginning to consider the best way to automate the goods trains on the route, I have a theory, that I'd like a second opinion on...

So... A mixed goods train arrives at nine elms arrival Road, on arrival the engine cuts off and proceeds light to loco, on the way it hits a trigger which is being watched by a shunter, the shunter pulls forward and couples to the newly arrived wagons using the couple at track mark command, It then draws the wagons back to the headhunters before propelling into a number of sidings which on arrival it uncoupled a random number of wagons, until a check on consist length reveals only one wagon left (the brake van), which gets put somewhere separately, during this process as it places wagons into each siding it does a length check and once the number exceeds the length for a given route it pushes the whole rake a bit further down the siding which will then trigger a loco to be dispatched to pick it... By doing this at each Marshall ing yard I hope to introduce some randomness into goods consists, but will it work?

Back